Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cindy Tamplin Memorial Tea 2014


This year the tea was held in a new venue and it was beautiful. Mom received a donation that allowed her to rent out a nice place in Grand Prairie. The venue was larger than in the past, which meant more tables were needed and more auction items. The turn out was nothing less than amazing. Mom and her Sunday School must have been praying hard, because God showed up in a big way. 

The owner of my salon set a table and it was beautiful. I so appreciate people who do things for people they don't even know. Karen, like my mother, has a servant's heart. She has done so much for me since I've been at McKenzies and I am so grateful that I get to work with someone like her.


I stole this picture after almost having a panic attack when I couldn't find my child while setting up my table. She was sneaking some cookies.....at 9:15am. 
This was the only picture of my table I took for some reason. Don't you hate that when you go back through your pictures and realize you didn't get as many pictures as you thought you had?!
My table this year was set in memory of my father-in-law. I had six things written out about Gordon to share a little about him. Purple is the color of Pancreatic Cancer, 

These two are a mess. Thank goodness Aunt Leslie was there because she pretty entertained them the entire time. I swear, she is a life saver sometimes! 
It was such a great day and so many people came out to support Brighter Tomorrow Women's Shelter. There were such awesome auction items this year. I can't wait to see what new year holds. 

Today, after church, we came home and have rested most of the day. Rest is good, but kind of non existent with a two year old. She decided to play cards with Buddy. Doesn't he look completely thrilled?!


I love being a mother, but some days, I swear this kid wears me out. We don't stay home much anymore because being locked up in this house makes me want to pull my hair out slowly. She is so busy and into everything lately. It's a phase, right?! I hate to rush any part of her growth, but the thought of eventually being able to take a nap without hearing "Mommy" as a wake up call sounds pretty good. 

A woman can dream can't she.........

No comments: