Sunday, January 31, 2010
Today has consistent of some major study time for me! I'm trying to get all the studying I can in before Saturday. Although I will be taking a little break to watch a tiny bit of the Grammy's. Have to catch up on all the new music hype and see all the stars in their dress up gear!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
News By Brooklynn at 5:05 PM
Friday, January 29, 2010
So I thought I would share a few of my favorite teachers throughout the years and why they were so special to me!
- My first grade teacher Mrs. Standefur. I have so many incredible memories of why she made such a great educator but I think the one main thing I remember about her was how fun she was. We had story time and she was such a great story teller. She was also my Mom's best friend so I got the opportunity to see her as a person rather just my teacher. We used to take a yearly trip with many other families and the adults (Mrs. Standefur and my mom included) would do knee races in the living room. You would cross your legs in an Indian style like normal and then stand up on them and race across the floor (sounds a little strange as I explain it but it was a hoot!) Mrs. Standefur lost her battle with cancer many years ago so that will always be something I remember about her........she was a very special lady.
- Mrs. Anderson was my third grade teacher and two main things come to mind. If the class was good all year, behavior and grade wise, Mrs. Anderson promised to do her famous headstand. I have absolutely no idea how this came to be but I can still recall the day it finally came where she stood on her head, we were all so impressed. Another very special memory was when she took me to the movie. She came to pick me up on a Saturday and took me to see the movie of my choice. We got Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and shared a coke. I must have done something spectacular for her to spend her Saturday with one of her students so needless to say I felt very important.
- Mrs. Heisig, our cheerleader sponsor and Sociology teacher in high school. Oh my how our squad put her through the ringer! I look back now and just ask how did she not quit? She was very positive and I think during that period of time I learned much about leadership and "doing the right thing". There were many, many issues that came about during my senior year of high school and some hard moments that tested my integrity but as I look back I'm proud of the choices I made and know that Mrs. Heisig helped to direct how I handled those situations.
I sincerely hope one day one of my students will be saying some positive kind things about me. Even with all the "stuff" that goes along with teaching, I'm still certain that this is what God is directing me to do. Good things to come!!
News By Brooklynn at 3:38 PM
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
News By Brooklynn at 9:59 PM
Sunday, January 24, 2010
My parents got him this super cool space saver fishing pole holder to keep his very important rods and reels. Thank goodness! I was started to think the living room was his safe haven for his many tackle boxes and fishing poles. He also loves the shadow box, he has a fishing box and hunting box on the other side of the gun cabinet.
News By Brooklynn at 10:39 PM
Thursday, January 21, 2010
"Reasons why I am madly in love with you"
- You make me want to be a better man
- You are the most beautiful WOMAN in the world
- You have the kindest soul in God's universe
- You are the most creative person I have ever met
- You are hotter than a hot pocket**
Thank you for loving me!
Now what wife wouldn't want to come home and find that posted on the bathroom mirror to read. It definitely made me smile and by Thursday (when Dave and I haven't seen each other in four days) it makes me happy to know my hubby remembers us women need a little reminder every now and then about how they feel.
Isn't my hubby just the best?! :)
**Dave and I had heard this somewhere a long time ago and somehow it just stuck with him, he is so romantic (tee hee)**
News By Brooklynn at 10:39 AM
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Being Erica comes on the SOAP channel and it's just fabulous. The new season kicks off January 20th and you bet my DVR will be set on this one.
News By Brooklynn at 5:28 PM
Saturday, January 16, 2010
News By Brooklynn at 11:35 AM
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
If you need the address please email me and I will send it to you, email@example.com
Have a great Thursday!!
News By Brooklynn at 10:51 PM
Sunday, January 10, 2010
News By Brooklynn at 3:40 PM
Friday, January 8, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
News By Brooklynn at 12:48 AM
Monday, January 4, 2010
After starting to feel not so great yesterday afternoon, it was not me who went to the store and bought just about every over the counter medicine I could grab. My goal for this year was to not get sick and I'm feeling a little under the weather. So needless to say, I passed out a little early and slept in a little late. Still not feeling up to par but I'm okay. I still do not understand how I actually caught a cold, sinus infection, whatever this is. I am literally the biggest germ-a-phob and I use my sanitizer after I touch just about everything!
My "oil life" light has been on for about a week now. And it was not me who keeps putting it off hoping, just hoping my husband would do it for me. I can not stand to get my oil changed, it's more because I would rather be doing so many other productive things.
I worked last weekend and let me tell you, someone has done something with my memory. It's horrible now. I literally felt like I was running around with my head cut off and couldn't remember what I was needing. It was not me who threw away an order and had to go back to the table and retake it while they stared at me like I was crazy. Nor was it me who delivered the wrong food to the wrong table and ended up having to have the order re-cooked because obviously that "wrong" table didn't know what they ordered either because they ate it. Honestly, who doesn't remember what they ordered?
And last, it was not me who treated myself to a day at the spa all alone. I simply woke up yesterday and decided that I needed a day to re-coop. Am I the only one who feels guilty about that kind of thing? As I was sitting in my chair getting my toes painted I couldn't help but think there was something better I could be spending my money on (and even though I continued on with my pedicure I still felt guilty as I was paying).
What have you not done lately?
News By Brooklynn at 10:19 AM
Saturday, January 2, 2010
My weekend has involved nothing but work. I really didn't have anything else on my agenda so I figured why not. Although tomorrow will consist of some much needed studying for my content exam and a few areas of the house that are in dire need of cleaning. Anyone want to come help?
News By Brooklynn at 11:52 PM