Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday and Projects

Dave and I have been working on a few projects around the house lately. Dave has been working on his "man" room which he keeps all his fishing gear, hunting things, and little trinkets he finds that doesn't really have a place in any other part of the house. He is very proud of his decorating skills. It's pretty cute actually, we made a trip to Hobby Lobby and I think he got a little glimpse as to why I love to go there!! I had to limit his shopping, there was just to much there he wanted.

My parents got him this super cool space saver fishing pole holder to keep his very important rods and reels. Thank goodness! I was started to think the living room was his safe haven for his many tackle boxes and fishing poles. He also loves the shadow box, he has a fishing box and hunting box on the other side of the gun cabinet.

I on the only hand LOVE my new decorative dishes for my kitchen! My mom is such a good shopper!! So now my shelves in the kitchen actually have something on them I like!
I also finally painted my chalkboard in my kitchen that I wanted. I painted the wall with chalkboard paint and found some trim I liked then painted it as well. Dave cut them to fit it and then hung them for me. I'm still buying a shelf for under neath it to keep my chalk and eraser so Dave knows the menu for the night........ I'm sure spaghetti, meatloaf and some sort of potato will be written on this chalkboard many nights in the future.
And I was SO happy that I finally decided what I wanted to do with the window my mom found and made for our wedding. I LOVE IT!!!! It was hung in the barn and I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it. Dave should never forget our anniversary since the date is now hanging in our living room, aren't I just so smart? I am on the look out for some shutters to paint and hang them next to it. I'm thinking brown, what do you think?!
We also celebrated one of Dave's closest friends birthdays! Jodie B turned 29 on the 23rd. That's how Dave remembers it, "Jodie B 123" Silly I know but hey whatever works :) We met Whitney and Cody for dinner and then met up with Jodie and Jared later on to ring in his birthday. Happy Birthday Jodie!!! Thanks for a good time!!
I'm off to bed, it's been a loonngg weekend and after working today I'm pooped! Have a great week everyone!!

No comments: