Friday, April 30, 2010
2. Anyone watch Modern Family this week? What about the Office or Parks and Recreation? Love them all, especially when they are new. I mean, who actually expects new episodes in spring time?
3. My house is beyond dirty and in dire need of some cleaning. I'm debating on hiring a girl from work (who loves to clean) and has everything needed to clean it from top to bottom. Although, I'm unsure how I feel about a co-worker seeing my house dirty. Isn't it funny how you talk to someone who does have a maid and they share with you the need to clean before their maid comes? That would be me too.
4. My birthday is in one week exactly. Nice. Although, it means I'll only be two years away from thirty. Boo!
5. My mom made reference when she came to hang out last weekend that Buddy was getting a little chunky. Dave and I swore up and down it was because he needed to get groomed; he was a little shaggy. Well, I'm sad to report that after picking him up from the groomers yesterday I saw what was the reality of my precious little doggy. Buddy is overweight and will be going on a diet. Geez. Poor dogs, first you are forced to eat nasty dog food and then your owners don't even give you enough to satisfy the hunger. Ah well. Better him than me!
News By Brooklynn at 10:25 AM
Monday, April 26, 2010
News By Brooklynn at 9:37 AM
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Friday we went to see my nephew Braiden play baseball. Which the weather was absolutely beautiful that night so it was super. He is a natural and the team is extremely talented for a bunch of six year olds. Although I will say, I believe I came down with a bug that my niece shared with us because I have felt like doo doo all day. Yucky!
Saturday my mom came over and we went to this place to have lunch and did a little shopping!We walked all over the square and had a great afternoon visiting some cool clothing stores and boutiques. We also went to our city's Spring Fling, although didn't really find a whole lot worthy of our dollars. But it was another beautiful day so it didn't really bother me spending sometime outdoors. After Dave's friend Pat came over and they headed to the lake. I had a nice little nap, along with some study time, and then enjoyed a nice dinner! It was off to bed after that!!
So now it's Sunday night and I'm dreading getting ready for this week. It's going to be busy one!
News By Brooklynn at 4:37 PM
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
News By Brooklynn at 9:06 AM
Monday, April 19, 2010
OK. So today's list over at love from texas is typical grocery lists and I've already done that. So, I'm doing last week's. :) Which I had forgot about until I read Heather's blog and I LOVE MOVIES. LOVE THEM! Mainly love stories, like an red-blooded American woman but they don't have to be love stories. Anywho, onto my list!
News By Brooklynn at 10:35 PM
Saturday, April 17, 2010
We went to see Addie and Jared today (but really to see the baby, tee hee). Addie, of course, looks gorgeous and Jared was glowing. But seriously, Addie looks so amazing for just having a baby last week. Very rested and relaxed. We had a great afternoon visiting and got our fair share of baby holding.
Just melts my heart to see Dave with this precious little miracle.
And remember yesterday how I said we had nothing planned for today??
The agenda for tonight? A little movie watching and dinner of some sort. I'm thinking cereal sounds pretty good. :)
News By Brooklynn at 5:05 PM
Friday, April 16, 2010
#2. Has anyone seen Everyone's Fine? Good movie but so not what I expected.
#3. I made a killer meat loaf tonight. With some potatoes and corn. And let's not forget the brownies and ice cream for dessert. Delicious.
#4. My kitchen sink is still broken. I know. Pathetic.
#5. I have a big fat nothing on the agenda for tomorrow. WOOHOO!! I can't tell you how excited this makes me. It's been quite some time we have nothing to do. Maybe a little quality time with the hubby is just what we need...........or maybe a trip to the shopping mall. That sounds good too!
News By Brooklynn at 7:05 PM
Thursday, April 15, 2010
I, for some reason, was just not in a super mood when Dave called me on his way home from work. Which, usually when I'm not in a good mood for whatever reason I really try not to take my frustrations out on him. I just did not succeed today.
I had heard some valuable advice not to long ago in church about how to deal with husbands, especially right when they get off work. Men typically need some down time, just time to get off work and let all the things from the day go away. I specifically remember our pastor saying "Try not to immediately jump on your husband when he walks through the door with to-do lists or occurrences from your day. Give him just a bit to come in, change clothes, get situated, whatever his routine is and then the talking can begin." Some women might look at this as a bad thing and that's okay. I like to see it as someone speaking from experience.
My lack of self control got the best of me today which made for a quiet evening. But I will say I did apologize when he got home (knowing shortly after our phone conversation I did not use the best judgement) but we still had one of those awkward, silent evenings which gave me time to reflect on how I can handle myself better in the future.
I guess there is something to be said about actually listening during church sermons. Tomorrow is a new day and like my father always says "Things are always better in the morning."
That father of mine sure knows what he is talking about.
News By Brooklynn at 8:05 PM
We did get the chance to celebrate a friend's birthday last weekend. We went to this little piano/improv bar which was way too much fun! Imagine Pete's Piano Bar but smaller. We only got to stay for just a bit but I'll be sure to go back for other fun occasions!
In other exciting news, our friends Jared and Addie had their little boy last week!! Raidy Jay Baker was born on Thursday April 8th. We have yet to be able to make it out there and see him but we are SO excited for them! Jared said the funniest thing the other day. Little Raidy was not ready to come out and meet the world so they had to induce and Addie ended up delivering by C-section. Well, Jared was getting anxious and told Addie "Come on! It's my turn to hold him already."
News By Brooklynn at 11:10 AM
Saturday, April 10, 2010
News By Brooklynn at 10:06 AM
Friday, April 9, 2010
2. I finally got a chance to sub again yesterday. Due to holidays (Good Friday) and the wedding there has been too much going on to sub. But I did get to sub for a coach, which I love. Subbing for coaches is like the best, you get to leave a period early and they usually have a conference and another different period for athletics. Easy day, it was lovely!
3. I need laundry detergent desperately. The laundry pile is just growing! That is on my to-do list for the day.
4. Ok, so I haven't really had the chance to watch American Idol but I caught up on most of the episodes last night. Lee and Casey are my favorites. Actually Lee (he is super cute!). And I LOVE Ellen on there, such a good comic relief.
5. I made the best Chicken Parmesan last night. I mixed bread crumbs, grated parmesan, garlic powder together, dipped the chicken in egg and then in the mix and baked at 375 for 35 mins. YUMMY!!! Dave even loved it (and when I try new recipes he usually isn't too thrilled about it). I served it with angel haired spaghetti and of course Ragu Traditional. That is the only spaghetti sauce will eat. Usually. Sometimes I try to be sneaky and try out new sauces. Shhh, don't tell him ;)
News By Brooklynn at 8:57 AM
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Just because I do not talk about politics doesn't mean I can't lead you to some interesting reading. :)
News By Brooklynn at 10:36 PM
Sunday, April 4, 2010
News By Brooklynn at 3:16 PM
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Since going back to work at TRH mine and Dave's schedule is complete opposites. On one of the few days we have off together I try extremely hard to spend quality time with Dave (by quality I mean, actual time where we are not in front of the TV, doing chores, running errands, etc). I think it's important in marriage to spend time with your mate doing things they and you enjoy. At any stage of your marriage. Now with that said I understand the longer you are married the less you care to do those things. I'm trying at this stage in my marriage to do the things my husband enjoys because I think the habits we create now will help us later in life. (stepping off my soap box now.......)
But! Today was just "one of those days". Dave wanted to spend the day on the lake (go figure!) so I of course obliged and said okay. It was a beautiful day! Just beautiful. But my type of day on the lake is out for a few hours and then head in. I just can not stand to fish for a full day nor can I stand being on the water for that long without a bathroom break! HA!!
The day started off a little late, we forgot the paper work to the boat so after turning around 4 miles from the lake we drove home and got the boat title and we were back to unloading the boat 30 mins. later. We didn't catch any fish, mainly just kept getting hung up on sticks and trees. After 3 hours, a nap, and surfing the net on Dave's IPhone I was hungry and ready to go.
Moral of the story: Just because Dave wants to go fishing every weekend doesn't mean I have too as well. I'm thinking we will come up with a compromise of some sort. Maybe the first half of the day we spend doing whatever we want to do and the rest of the day will be set aside for our quality time. Because one thing is for sure, this girl is all fished out! :)
News By Brooklynn at 5:20 PM
Friday, April 2, 2010
"We will be closed April 4th, Easter Sunday in honor of our Savior and Risen King Jesus Christ"
How nice to see this sign in many of the stores in our little town.
Happy Good Friday and Easter weekend all!!!! Let us all remember the true meaning of today and this weekend. That the debt of our sins was paid long ago by my Savior and Risen King Jesus Christ. That through his suffering we are forgiven. That Jesus died on the cross for me and for you so that we may have eternal life.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that who so ever should believe in him shall not parish but have eternal life."
News By Brooklynn at 12:07 PM
Thursday, April 1, 2010
I never thought I would turn into a Starbucks junkie. I have always been kind of "Plain Jane" when it comes to coffee. But I have been addicted to the Skinny Vanilla Latte. I mean like, wake up and want to drive there immediately and get one first thing in the morning. It's insane. I have for sure kept it in check though. I would never allow myself to spend $5 every morning for a cup of coffee.
News By Brooklynn at 11:02 PM