Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wife Lesson #1

So. I learned a valuable lesson today......that my husband's hobbies do not always have to be mine. Now. Let me clarify.

Since going back to work at TRH mine and Dave's schedule is complete opposites. On one of the few days we have off together I try extremely hard to spend quality time with Dave (by quality I mean, actual time where we are not in front of the TV, doing chores, running errands, etc). I think it's important in marriage to spend time with your mate doing things they and you enjoy. At any stage of your marriage. Now with that said I understand the longer you are married the less you care to do those things. I'm trying at this stage in my marriage to do the things my husband enjoys because I think the habits we create now will help us later in life. (stepping off my soap box now.......)

But! Today was just "one of those days". Dave wanted to spend the day on the lake (go figure!) so I of course obliged and said okay. It was a beautiful day! Just beautiful. But my type of day on the lake is out for a few hours and then head in. I just can not stand to fish for a full day nor can I stand being on the water for that long without a bathroom break! HA!!

The day started off a little late, we forgot the paper work to the boat so after turning around 4 miles from the lake we drove home and got the boat title and we were back to unloading the boat 30 mins. later. We didn't catch any fish, mainly just kept getting hung up on sticks and trees. After 3 hours, a nap, and surfing the net on Dave's IPhone I was hungry and ready to go.

Moral of the story: Just because Dave wants to go fishing every weekend doesn't mean I have too as well. I'm thinking we will come up with a compromise of some sort. Maybe the first half of the day we spend doing whatever we want to do and the rest of the day will be set aside for our quality time. Because one thing is for sure, this girl is all fished out! :)