Monday, April 19, 2010

Tuesday's List: Favorite Movies

OK. So today's list over at love from texas is typical grocery lists and I've already done that. So, I'm doing last week's. :) Which I had forgot about until I read Heather's blog and I LOVE MOVIES. LOVE THEM! Mainly love stories, like an red-blooded American woman but they don't have to be love stories. Anywho, onto my list!


I wasn't really a Sex and the City girl when it was on TV. I watched it but not obsessed like other people I know (Jenna). But I loved the movie. It make me cry. And we made a girl's night out of it with my mom, aunt, and sister.

Can't help this one. Even the cheesy lines, bad acting, and bit of silly story line. I haven't read the book yet come to think of it. The soundtrack is awesome too. Actually, my friend Amber had her bridesmaids walk down the aisle to a song from this movie. Good memories.


Harry Connick Jr. and Sandra Bullock, check. Good country dance scene, check. Sweet love story, check. Hey, all the elements are there people.

Ryan Gosling. Enough said.
Ok, so your probably like "Really Brooke. Tommy Boy?" Yes. I admit it. But I like it for more than the awesome one liners and funny entertainment. Jenna and I (for some strange reason) watched this movie every weekend for like two months at one point. And we laughed every. single. time. That's when you know it's funny.
Probably my all time favorite movie. I LOVE the singing, I LOVE Reese and Joaquin, I LOVE that it's a true story (well even though it's Hollywood-ed up I assume), and I LOVE that it shows how true love happens. With all the nitty gritty dirt included. I literally can not pass this movie up if it's on and Dave hates it. "We've already seen this like a million times." is his normal response. I just can't help it. And by the way, Joaquin should have best actor along with Reese. They both did their own singing in the movie. Simply wonderful.

2 comments:

Heather said...

All good choices! I think we have similar movie tastes :)

Rachel Moss said...

"Walk the Line" is one of my all-time favorites, too. Such a sad, yet hopeful story...it's even more hopeful if you know how their lives ended.
I also am a big fan of "Hope Floats". The first time I watched it I soaked a couch pillow in tears when Bernice runs down the street after her Daddy. Then, I cracked up over and over at her "Justin Matisse, you stink!" line. I think Bernice is my favorite character in that film.