Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Doggy Seizures

My poor Buddy had a seizure today. Our lab, C'Mere, has had them for some time but I got a text from Dave tonight that Buddy had one too. This one lasted a long time, 5 mintues. And it's so scary when you have to watch your animal who can't communicate experience it. I could only imagine how a mother feels when their child has to experience things like these. Poor puppy. But the main reason I am writing about this specifically is to see if anyone else has had issues like this with their dogs? The only common factor between C'Mere and Buddy is their food, which we have switched many times and really can not figure out what is causing it. Anyone else out there in blog world have any ideas what could be causing it?

2 comments:

robineilene said...

My friends, Matt and Laura, have a beagle. She was having seizures also so they took her to the vet and it ended up being epilepsy. She is on medication now, and she doesn't have them at all anymore!

Just a thought! I know NOTHING about dogs, so that's the best I can do! :)

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

Brooke, I can't believe that! I don't know what could be causing that. Have you done any research online?