Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday randoms

We've had a busy weekend {kind of} around here. 

This little girl is busy, busy these days! I'm thinking she may wake up tomorrow walking. She has been on the verge for weeks now (walking everywhere holding our hands, practically runs with her walker, etc). I'm actually looking forward to her walking and I'm not one of those people who hurries their child along. Although, today she spilled three drinks and managed to leave toys in almost every room of the house so, maybe I'll re-think that.

Today, I was watching her play in her room and she managed to get on top of her rocking chair. I helped her sit in it and she had a blast rocking. Doesn't she look so big?!
Our friend Kristen makes these rocking chairs and they are adorable! Best baby shower gifts and she is uber talented.
She wasn't about the naps today either, so this was her at about 6:15pm.
We are officially bottle free!!!! YAY!!!

Colbi transitions pretty well but the bottle to sippy cup was a little difficult for her. We were just patient, I knew she would drop it when she was ready. THANK GOODNESS FOR NO MORE BOTTLE WASHING.

And, last night I got to hang out with a friend of mine from Roadhouse. She actually lives two streets over from me too! 
Horrible and blurry picture but I wanted to document the occasion. She has four kiddos, so getting out for a girl's night is a huge deal. We went up to Roadhouse to see everyone. Dave is beyond over eating up there, I can't blame him. After twelve years of me working there, I'm kind of over it too but it's too good!

I'm exhausted and should be getting ready for bed as we speak. 

One last thing, I finally read Heaven is for real. Have y'all read it? The author states in the beginning that for believers this book is a good reminder of what awaits us after death and I completely agree. This book will make you cry and smile as the little boy shares his experience in heaven. It's an extremely easy read so if you have a few free hours, give it a try! It's also a really good book for people with maybe some reservations about becoming a follower of Christ. It's not super preachy and answers some of the common questions people have about Christianity. 

Happy reading!

No comments: