Friday, July 25, 2014

Beach Trip 2014

We got back from a week long beach trip last weekend. We left bright and early Tuesday morning (4:45am, haven't seen that since Colbi was little bitty). She did amazing on the car ride there and on on the way back. 

We watched Frozen exactly 17, 845 times in the car. In between Frozen, we played on the Ipad. Don't judge me.

We found an awesome shoe store with LOTS of Yellowbox! 
She FINALLY fell asleep and took a nap. Looks comfy, huh?

It took us about 12 hours, we unloaded and ate dinner and then shortly after, I got sick. Let's just say, food poisoning stinks and I do not want to think about a hamburger for quite some time. I was out most of our first day on the beach, which was ok since my kid HATED the beach. Can you tell?
She wanted nothing to do with the sand. At all. Not even a little bit.
She looks happy here, but it was all for show!

After I slept for almost 16 hours (yes, I slept that long), I woke up and was feeling much better. 
The girls.

We did go to the beach again and I was the mom forcing her child to "have fun" regardless if she was crying. I wanted some sun! 
She did enjoy the water, so Dave got her on the boogie board while I got some sun.

We decided to head out that afternoon for some lunch. It was.....ok. Nothing to write home about.

Our third day there, it was cloudy so we ventured out to a town close. They had a strip of food trucks that were yummy!!!
Mmmmmmmmmm.

We did some walking.....
It was humid, but fun. And, the town was just so charming. 

Our last full day day there was Colbi's birthday! We woke up to some major rain, which kind of ruined the guy's plans for golf. We opted for some outlet shopping and lunch instead. 
Womp, womp. 
This place was really good though! Pizza and wings. I mean, anything fried or dough with toppings are a win, right?

The rain finally let up in the late afternoon, so we headed down the beach to say our goodbyes. 
My sweet Colbi turned two and there was some major reflection that day. I would look at the clock and think, "two years ago you were this old at this time". Time flies.

This was our whole group. I must say, it was MUCH better than I thought it would be with 8 kids and 9 adults. The house was so incredible (it belongs to two of the guys in the picture) and everyone had a great time. It was a very laid back, everyone-do-what-they-want type of vacation. I'm hoping we get invited back. This group is some good peeps and the guys have been friends since the second grade! 

All in all, a really great trip (minus the food poisoning!).

No comments: