Sunday, June 2, 2013

Date Night

We got an unexpected date night this weekend!

My sister asked if they could watch Colbi for the night after I didn't need her to watch Colbi Saturday morning (so I could work) because Dave's plans fell through. I said of course!

I think it's important for Colbi and Avery to spend time together. Avery LOVES Colbi. And, Jenna and Jason had Sophia and Jordan this weekend, which is always good because Sophia is the BEST entertainment for Colbi. They both are so good with babies since they have another baby sister on their mom's side.

We didn't have close cousins growing up and I think it's fun for them to go each other's house and build a relationship. What fun they will have as they grow up together!

We had a great night and some good quality alone time.



W 7th St. in Fort Worth is awesome! And, every time we go down there it just keeps growing!


We took a little stroll after dinner and saw this couple with a brand new baby. Awe!


The start of our date!


Sometimes you just need a little time alone.

I have a friend who is pregnant and our conversation last week included her telling me she wants to have a date night every week with her husband after the baby comes. I almost laughed, but then remembered I had these great ideas before I had Colbi too. Life just gets busy. So, it's nice when parents or siblings give you a break every now and then. Marriages need it.

We're back to laundry and yard work today. I love normal too!

And, I missed my little lady! :)

1 comment:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

:-) We love her and love having her over here! It's great fun!!