Sunday, February 23, 2014

Busy Weekend

We have had a very busy weekend, and it's not even over! 

{Friday}

I worked till about 7pm and then we had an impromptu dinner with Uncle CJ, Aunt Kristen, and Brenna at a local Mexican food place, followed by a late bedtime. 

{Saturday}

I was actually off (I may have to take them off more often! It was beautiful outside!) but we had a meeting in the morning for about an hour, so Colbi went to hang out with Brenna and Aunt Kristen for just a tad. I received this picture from Kristen with the caption "First babysitter fail :( Lesson One: no taking naps on the job!". 

Colbi can wear you out! 

Luckily, Colbi was entertained with the Little Mermaid and a microphone. 
Thank you Kristen for watching her! 

Afterward, we left so Colbi could nap and then headed to the mall for a little shopping. I hate the mall. I only go as a last resort, especially on a Saturday afternoon. Blah. 

But, Colbi did ride the carousal and had a blast. Kids are so easily entertained. 

After the mall, we got home and bathed Colbi (did I mention she got sick on the way there and vomited all over my car? Yeah. Gross. Isn't it funny how God gives you a stronger stomach for when your kids get sick? Hallelujah!) which followed another later-than-normal bedtime for her and us. 

{Sunday}

We woke up bright and early for family pictures. The WHOLE family. Professional pictures haven't happened since Jenna's wedding......four years ago almost. I think they will be wonderful. I wish the sun had been out, but I'm thankful they got taken.

After pictures, we headed to Glazed in Grand Prairie for some donuts/awesome waffles/breakfast burritos and some good coffee. 

Leslie's collection of drinks. 

We followed breakfast by a quick nap for Colbi, along with her first official "poopie in the potty" (If that's TMI, I apologize but that's a BIG deal people! We aren't totally sure if she knew what was going on, but we made a big hoopla out of it) and then headed off the park. 

I'm in love with this picture!!

We then came home for another nap (still going strong!) and we will grab dinner in a bit. 

This weekend was full of family and fun, both of which I am grateful for everyday! 

No comments: