Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday Favorites

I thought I'd share a few of my favorites things as of lately. I always love new products, shows, and clothes I find because someone else loved them! I also get a lot of questions on hair products, so I'm share just a few of the ones I'm loving lately.

This is one of my all time favorite shampoos. It smells AMAZING (if you're anything like me, you buy based on smell!). This is a sulfate free shampoo for color treated hair. The sulfate free part is important for two reasons. #1 If you have a Brazilian Blowout, you need sulfate free to prolong your blowout. #2 Color is often stripped when using shampoos that are not sulfate free and aren't specifically for color treated hair. Color shampoo helps that color you paid for last longer without lifting out of the hair. (P.S. If you do color your hair, stay away from clarifying shampoos. These are designed to rid your hair of impurities, including your color). Also, this sulfate free shampoo lathers. Most don't. And that annoys me. 

Small Talk is by TiGi. They also have a new one similar to this in a yellow bottle. Both are awesome, but the yellow one adds some "shine". This is for volume. I recommend it for us fine haired people, because it can go all over. Most people with medium to thick hair just need product on their root area, since they aren't trying to lift everything. 

Stitch Fix is a great idea. You sign up and can schedule when you want your fix, unlike other sites that make you sign up monthly. You pay $20 for a stylist fee and answer questions so they know what styles you prefer. You tell them your price range (I did cheaper is better) and they send you five items. It can be pants, jewelry, shirts, scarves, etc. Shoes aren't included. Joy styled my Stitch Fix and there was only one thing I wasn't in love with. I got three shirts, one pair of pants, and a necklace. If you buy all five, your $20 goes towards your purchase and you receive a discount for keeping all five. They include a prepaid bag to send back any items you don't want to keep. It's a really cool idea, especially if you like "one of a kind" items. But, it's definitely more costly than I would normally spend on clothes. 

Finally, our new indulgence. We are obsessed. My sisters kept talking about it and I was like, "Yeah, yeah another zombie series". Dude, it's awesome. Sometimes the show can be slow, but what series can't be. It's gruesome and bloody, so it's taking us longer to watch than in our "pre-Colbi" days of doing marathons on the couch. We are in season two and LOVE it. 

I also watched True Detective and that was another favorite. Matthew and Woody were yummy, for different reasons obviously. HA!

I also read Amy Poehler's new book, Yes Please. I'm now in love with her, like more than before. I've been a Parks and Recreation fan since day one, but her book is just.....funny. She shares a little more info than I would, mainly because her kids are going to read it one day. Some secrets should stay secrets, ya get me? It's funny, heart grabbing, insightful, and enjoyable. I really, REALLY liked chapter four. She talks about the inner demons us women carry around about our looks. It's a must read. 

Anything you are reading, using, watching, or eating I should know about? I'd love to hear them!

No comments: