Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Due date

Dear baby,

Today is a bittersweet day for me. Today would have been your due date. I think about all the emotions I would have been feeling today. I think about if you were a boy or girl. I think about what your name would have been, what you would look like, how our lives would have changed forever today.

I still have moments of sadness but, I know that God is in control and there is a madness to some pain and loss we experience here on Earth. I keep imagining that God's plan was for you to be heaven and that one day, we'll get to meet.

I hope you know how much, even for a short time, I loved you. I prayed for you and thought about all the wonderful things you would bring into my life.

I pray for all the women who have experienced this type of loss, and for your "due dates."

Love,
Mom-to-have been


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Dina said...

I have been thinking about you this week. I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that God continues to give you peace...and a healthy baby whenever you are ready!

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

I love you sister. You are so strong and I know that your faith in God tells you that He uses all things for His good and that good things are to come. But we will always remember that precious baby and will think about him or her always.

Heather said...

Aw, Brooke, this made me cry. What a sweet letter to your sweet baby. I'm praying for you today (even though you posted this yesterday).

Rachel Moss said...

Oh, wow. I don't really know what to say except that you will be in my thoughts and prayers this week!
Sorry this is so late...I'm just now catching up on blog reading.

pammy said...

Brooke, you precious girl, you are so strong, yet so caring. I pray you holiday is spent laughing and loving with Dave and I know God will bless your lives with cherished moments no matter what. Love you!

The Ziebarth Family said...

Just got onto the Blog world and read this...you show such strength and faith and that moves me! God has such great things planned for us, Jeremiah 29:11, and He will always be with you sweetie!!!