Monday, May 14, 2012

First Mother's Day

I told Dave yesterday I'm not "technically" a mom yet, even though I will be shortly. He assured me I qualified, as did my parents. We had a great Mother's Day. We went to my sister's house and ate lunch and got the best present:




This camcorder/camera is a-mazing! Mom and Dad got it for us and we are so thankful! I was going to borrow their's for Colbi's arrival. It takes 1080p pictures and video. And, it's the size of your phone. Awesome.




I got several cards and some yummy chocolates, which Dave wanted to eat by the way. We had a great afternoon!

This day was special to me for several reasons. 

#1. I have a great mom. She's creative and fun and spunky. She has a great sense of style and loves to shop! Needless to say, between her and myself, Colbi will be one happenin' little girl. My mom is also one of the the most giving women I know (and not just monetarily). She gives her time to others, which now that I'm older, I understand and appreciate. 

#2. I'm surrounded by amazing mothers! My sister Jenna is simply an awesome mother to my niece. She loves her oh so much. She is calm, cool, collected. Jenna is fun and witty. I'm thankful to be having a little girl to share with her this experience. We always joke that Avery and Colbi can hate us together during the teen years and Jenna and I will make it thru together! My MIL is also a terrific mom. Dave adores his mother. She is understanding and very patient. I appreciate having a MIL who loves me and we get along, not everyone can say that. My SIL Kristen is also someone I admire. She spends her weekends at the ballpark or soccer field supporting her kids every weekend. That's a mother's love right there!

#3. I feel so blessed and grateful to be so close to being a mom. This same day last year, we received the news that we lost our first baby. I will always remember it. May 13th this year was a day of joy and being thankful. It's amazing what can change in a year. My heart is with all of those women who have lost a child through miscarriage, sickness, whatever. I'm reminded how lucky I am to be experiencing this whole pregnancy and God's will, a healthy little girl at the end. As her due date approaches, I get more and more anxious and excited to see her face. To smell her. To hold her. And, I'm so thankful I'll have a job that will be flexible and I can spend time with her. 

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there! Hope you had a great day!

No comments: