Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Build 'Em Up


I haven't done a link up in quite some time, so I thought I would join in! Kelly's Korner is doing REMEMBERING YOU this week, so I thought I would share a few things I do to help me feel normal.

If you're new visiting my blog, I have an almost 9 month old girl name Colbi. I'll be honest, I'm just now starting to feel somewhat normal. I guess that's about right.....they say it takes at least 9 months to loose (hopefully) all the baby weight. We're working on that one!

I worked out a lot before I got pregnant. I mean, six days a week usually and mainly running because it was just my outlet. I had built up my tolerance pretty well and was waking up at about 5:30 everyday to go run. Into my first trimester, my doctor put me on some restrictions due to my placenta previa and running was on the list to go. Boo! I've slowly been getting back into it. Mainly because, I run better in the mornings and it's just not feasible to get up that early anymore. My husband leaves for work very early but before it didn't matter, I didn't have a baby at home. HA! I've started feeling more and more like me again after I got serious about running. I'm doing it about 3-4 times a week at the moment. I'm hoping to increase it.

I also love to blog. I used to be very regular at it. Now, I feel like I just always blog about Colbi. I guess you do as a new mom, let's be honest, there isn't just a ton of other stuff going on. But, I do like to read other blogs too so that's always nice to spend a little time every now and then doing that.

I love to get pedicures! It's very relaxing and a small little break from the hussle and bussle of life. I think pretty feet can make a world of difference on how you feel. Pretty toes speak a thousand words to me. Especially during flip flop season!

Lastly, I've always been good at keeping up my hair. I can't help it. I think a good cut and color does WONDERS for your self-esteem and the way a woman carries herself. Since I am a stylist, I get to see the difference a good haircut or highlights can change the way a woman sees herself. It can take years off of your face, step up your pep, and just, make you feel pretty. This is not to say that everyone needs to get their hair colored or chopped off, but in my opinion, going six months between a good haircut is way too long. Sometimes, that's the only thing you can change about yourself that is consistent to everyday. Make sense?

That reminds me, my roots are starting to show!

One thing that is on my list of "to-do's" is work on spending some quality time with my girls. I talk to my friends, but don't really spend as much time seeing them as I'd like. This is mainly due to my feeling of guilt. And, that sometimes, I just don't think it's worth it with Colbi being so little. She sleeps well, but wakes up early! I guess at the moment, I just value my sleep too much. But, once a month I think I can deal with it. Don't you?

What do you do to remember yourself? Go link up with Kelly and share! :)

No comments: