Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sickness and big news

We have been fighting an ear infection going on 8 days now. Blah! (I actually think it's teething/ear infection/cold/the crud!) Poor Colbi has just been feeling horrible.

This pretty much sums up how she's been feeling:
Gigi and Pops kept her one day last week and thank goodness. She was a runny faucet and still had fever. My poor baby. She's doing much better, but you can tell she still isn't 100% thanks to the never ending congestion we can't get rid of.

This was her at her worst.

I can see why parents are just exhausted now once their kids get sick. It's hard on both parent and kid! And now, I seem to have it.

***************************************

In other news, I'm moving salons!
I'm excited/nervous about moving. I'm really excited to be in new place, but with that comes nervousness. I think it's always normal to have some butterflies in your stomach about starting somewhere new. I have a friend who works at my new place and I'm excited about that. I'm so thankful and grateful that I have done so well for my first year on my own. I still have my own room, which is nice because I love the privacy and so do my clients. I'll take pictures because it's beautiful!

*********************************************

We also celebrated my sister-in-law's 40th birthday Saturday. I didn't get any pictures! We did a surprise dinner at Uncle Julio's and managed to get the whole Petty side together. It was a very nice present for Jennifer.

I spent today cleaning out my study. I'm moving some furniture to the salon and preparing it for Colbi's new play room.

Did I mention she started crawling?

(9 month post to come..........I've been waiting to get my happy baby back for that one!)

2 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

We're doing the First Splash class at the GP Natatorium, but we're really not happy with it. We actually just decided tonight that we're not going to take him back. I totally get the goal they're working towards (teaching them to roll onto their backs and float if they ever acidentally fall into water), but neither of us are comfortable with the methods they're using to get there.
The class has about 7 little ones ranging from E's age to 3 years, and every single one of them was crying at the last lesson. Not fun for anyone!
I'm going to look for another place to try this summer.

Dina said...

Good luck at your new place! That's exciting!

I hope your sweet baby is feeling better! She's still cute, even when she's sick!