Thursday, May 2, 2013

Finally! Colbi turned 9 months (on April 19th!)

Colbi,

It's hard to believe we are three (almost two) short months away from you turning one! I just want to cry thinking about it. You make me so happy my heart may explode.

You've started army crawling, which is pretty funny to watch. You like to get up on all fours and rock or sit up. You haven't quite figured out that you can move on all fours yet. I'm okay with that. I'm not rushing you!
 You LOVE to clap. You clap all. the. time. You clap when we sing to you, you clap when you do something funny and we laugh, you clap when you see something you like. It's the cutest thing.
 Everyone always says how beautiful and happy you always are. While that makes Mommy's heart warm and fuzzy, I want you know that no matter how beautiful someone thinks you are, it's what's on the inside that counts. I hope you know that being a kind and loving person is much more important than how you look and that you can see that in me and the other women in your life.
 You are sleeping thru the night (woohoo!), you love your ABC singing cow, and you love bath time.
Puffs and cheerios are your favorite food, but you like pretty much everything except peas and squash. You're still pretty much eating pureed foods, but you can eat stuff you can pick up. This morning you found a piece of dog food and got it in your mouth before I could stop you. Evidently, it wasn't too bad. You were very upset when I took it away.

You have two teeth and I think the top two aren't far behind.

You say Mama, Dada, Baba, and Oh. I think that's your favorite word, Oh.
 You weight 17.2lbs. I'm not sure how tall you are. We go back to the doctor in two weeks. We've been at the doctor a lot the past month. You have been fighting a nasty cold and ear infection. Hopefully, it's gone for awhile.
Mommy and Daddy love you so much Colbi. I look forward to waking up every morning and see your beautiful smiling face looking back at me. I can't tell you how much happiness you have given me. Just watching you grow over these past short nine months reminds me how precious life is and how good God has been to me. You are a true blessing and I know I have done nothing to deserve the gift of you.

We love you to the moon and back!

Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Rachel Moss said...

These pictures are so cute. And she is beautiful!