Sunday, May 12, 2013

Colbi's baby dedication

We had Colbi's baby dedication last night at church. It was bittersweet for me. I just kept thinking about the day she was born and how much she has grown in the past nine months. Time goes by so quickly!

They had us all turn in two pictures and write a little something special that they read out loud. I held back from crying but it was definitely an emotional presentation for me.



Baby dedications are really just a time for parents to promise to God, family, and the church that we are going to strive to raise Colbi in a Godly home. And, Dave and I really are striving for that. We want her to know the Lord and have a place to grow up in with a safe environment.

I grew up in church and some of my fondest memories involve weekends at Disciple Now, church camp, and fellowships after church. And, I'm glad we found a place to attend that we both really like.

By the way, Colbi was the most entertaining one up there. I think we may have a performer on our hands!

*****************************************

And I want to say a special Mother's Day for my mom!
Thank you Mom for all the wonderful things you do for my family. I love watching you as a Gigi with Avery and Colbi. I now understand the love you always talked about you had for us and I'm so incredibly thankful for such a great mom! You are such a blessing to me!

No comments: