Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fitness & Hair

This has become my favorite new app.


I'm sure a ton of you use this app. I've used it before in my weight loss journey, and I got really serious about starting to use it again.

I have 10lbs I want to loose. That's it! But, as I've found, once you have kids it's ten times harder to find motivation to exercise along with the time. Before I had Colbi, I could go spend two hours at the gym a day and it was awesome. Now days, I'm lucky to get in a 30 minute run. Your priorities change. I'd rather spend my spare minutes with her. Sleep outweighs a workout. Mainly, I'm not comfortable with taking her to the gym and leaving her in the daycare, she's too young still I think. It's just the fact of life.

BUT. I'm tired of these last 10lbs. I want them gone. GONE. Gone.

I'm a firm believer in goal setting. I think it's a healthy part of life to have something to work towards. It gives you focus. Discipline. If you aren't moving forward in life, you're never making progress to grow. Whether it be a goal to loose weight, finish school, attend a bible study, whatever it is.

So, bottom line is I'm really excited to be at my goal weight again. Hopefully within the six weeks.

(BTW, I realize I wrote about this same thing when I talked about the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred awhile back. While it's a great dvd.......it's kind of boring, to me, to do the same workout everyday. Just didn't work for me. But, it is an awesome workout if you need something that's 20 mins and you can do at home).

***************************************

On to other news! I'm thinking about doing something like these two cuts to my hair..........


I'm just a short hair kind of person. I'd LOVE to have long, beautiful locks like some......it's just not meant for my hair texture. I have fine hair so it's not super thick and doesn't look amazing long. I'll have to find a picture to show you. I've had short hair for about nine years now. Maybe longer. It's crazy.

I'm also thinking about changing my color. Us hairstylists usually have the worst hair because we get bored and want to change it alot. I'm hoping I find time within the next two weeks to do it.

What about you? Is there a certain cut or color you are loving right now?

No comments: