Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 in review

This year has flown by! 

I decided to do a recap of our year in pictures. It's crazy to see how much Colbi has grown.

We start in January.....
Gigi's birthday! 


In February, Dad has his first surprise birthday party!
And, we celebrated Valentine's Day!

March brought Ooma's birthday.....

And, Easter.

I switched salons in April and it was the best decision (career wise) I've made!

We went to the zoo with friends. 

July 4th snuck up on us quick!

Which meant, Colbi turned one!! How did it happen?!
This was first thing in the morning on her birthday. 

We took a trip to the beach with the family...

And turned into a big girl right before our eyes!

It was then time for Halloween and pumpkins....

November brought our five year anniversary, the Cindy Tamplin Memorial tea, Avery's birthday and Thanksgiving...
Our first official need to bundle up!
Circling what we want for Christmas in the Thanksgiving ads!

We got trapped inside for a few days and enjoyed some cuddle time.

Prairie Lights trip!

December has come and also gone...

Had a tea party with Daddy after Santa came to visit..

Opened more gifts and had to take a nap!
And, here we are today. Two days from 2014. 

How fast time goes by. It's amazing how quickly the days slip by, without warning. One day you wake up to notice your daughter is 18 months old, you've aged some due to lack of sleep, a dirty house, and an never ending "to-do" list. You realize how amazingly awesome your life is, even if it includes dirty diapers, throw up, and a child who consistently tries your patience. 

You realize you are truly happily married, even with all the nagging and yelling at times. Life, to me, is about one thing. Love. Loving those around you, being loved. Showing love. There's a bit of peace that comes with feeling complete. 

I've learned one major thing over the course of this year. My family is my everything. I may not always handle things correctly, I may loose my temper, let some people down, but I continue to try. To be the best mother I can, the best wife I know how, the best sister and daughter. I continue to pray for forgiveness, to give thanks for grace, and to ask for protection over my little family. 

2013 was quite a year. Here's to 2014 and some awesome new adventures to follow!

No comments: