Sunday, December 1, 2013

What have we been doing?!

I haven't blogged in awhile, mainly because we have been busy. Between sickness, work, and the holiday it has been a very tiring few weeks. Here's a recap in pictures:

We got new jammies and open and close the entertainment doors a million times a day.
We went to a wedding and danced and smiled all night long.
Except when sitting in Mommy's lap evidently.
It got really cold here and we bundled up for the long walk to the car.
We helped Mommy clean. And hated it. 
Colbi got the crud. That's always fun the week of Thanksgiving.
We decorated the house with Christmas stuff and Colbi LOVES to look at the tree. We are working on "just looking" and "not touching"
Thanksgiving ads are awesome. Colbi has made it tradition to go through and scribble what she wants. 
We read with Pops.
And watched football games all day on Thanksgiving.
Started feeling better and watched a movie or two.
And, my awesome husband who can fix anything, fixed the garage door. 

That pretty sums up our last two weeks. 

I would like to say a few things I'm thankful for since I didn't list any all month. 

{My parents}
They are always here when we need them and we thoroughly enjoy their company. I'm glad we live close enough to see them for impromptu dinners or visits. I've truly come to appreciate my parents in a new way. Years help, but seeing them as grandparents is so special. 

{My sisters and niece}
Even though Leslie is busy and Jenna and I really don't see each other that much, I am so lucky to have two sisters whom I care about and love so much. Avery has been just a pure joy in our lives. She is SO funny and brings so much happiness to each one of us. I love to see her and Colbi together. Avery is little miss bossy pants, so the teenage years with the two of them could be interesting! She always refers to Colbi with her full name. Colbi Morgan. Avery is so smart and friendly. You just can't help but to LOVE that cutie. 

{My in-laws}
I married into a pretty good family, I must say. They are both caring and loving. They love their grandchildren and have put up with A TON from the big kids. Unconditional love is something I'd have to say my MIL has shown her children. With my FIL going through chemo and the possibility of surgery around the corner, it reminds me we are not promised anything. I'm thankful to have been blessed with them both. 

{My job}
I told my mom the other day, I still can't believe sometimes I get to do something I like SO much. It can be challenging dealing with people and self-employment is WAY harder financially than I expected, but I wouldn't trade a thing. I get to spend time with my daughter and husband, work a schedule of my choosing, and spend my days making people feel pretty. I feel incredibly blessed and literally know, all of this has happened because God is good. All the time. Everything that happens to me, is because God is so good

{My husband}
It's been eight years that Dave and I have been together. It honestly doesn't feel that long. I'm more in love with him today than those first few lovely dovey years long ago. He truly shows me what it is to love selflessly. He encourages me to follow my dreams, supports me, laughs with me, comforts me on hard days, but I will forever be grateful that he gave me Colbi. The single most important thing in my life is her. I look at her and see him. I watch him as he plays with her and my heart is so full. Sometimes, I just wait for the bad to creep in because I know I don't deserve either one of them. I'm more happy than I've ever been. It's cheesy and corny, but true. Even on our bad days, I love him. Liking him, that's another story. :-)

{My daughter}
I never,ever, ever thought I could love someone as much as that little girl. She makes me laugh, pushes me beyond the point of frustration some days, gives me the best hugs and smiles I could ever receive, and just plain, loves me. She fills a void I didn't know I had. My day does not seem complete unless she's a part of it. I still rock her to sleep and it's our time. She's my buddy. We shop together, play together, read, sing, and even clean together. Colbi is literally the best gift I've ever been given. Being a mommy is something I was on the fence about for so long. "How can you love someone THAT much?" I always thought......now, I know. 

This truly has been the second best year of my life. The first being last year with the birth of our daughter. I plan on soaking up every moment of this holiday season. Like the saying goes, "the days are long, but the years are short".

No comments: