Monday, December 16, 2013

Our weekend

This weekend was jammed packed! 

Dave went out of town for a hunting trip, so it was a semi-girls weekend. Mom came to stay with us Friday and Saturday night and we had lots on our agenda that included some shopping, eating out, and some good old fashioned TV watching! 

Dad also came over Sunday afternoon to watch Colbi so we could go to a Tour of Homes in our town. It was pretty cool to get to go see people's homes (some were decorated for Christmas and some not so much). But, I was glad to go and see the floor plans because the little neighborhood is very cute. 

Sunday night, we all went to Prairie Lights to see some fun Christmas lights thanks to my padre (who is on the Parks and Recreation board for the city, a real life Leslie Nope!). This year was fun because Avery was really into the lights and Colbi pretty much got the idea.  

Dave hadn't made it back yet, so he wasn't included in the family picture. I'd say it's a good picture of everyone though!
Avery is my "fashion" partner. She kept saying we had the same "dress" aka jackets. It's a little blurry, but we were both stylin'! 
"Sisters! Sisters! Never were there such devoted sisters!"
And here's Pops. We know people in high places who can get the hook up to fun Parks and Rec stuff! 

All in all, it was a great but busy weekend. A big thank you to my parents for helping me with Colbi this weekend. Last week was a dozy including Dave being gone, my car dying and then our dryer dying. We did get our cable back on Tuesday night. THANK GOODNESS. I've decided our dvd collection needs some help for times like that! Hopefully, the repair man can fix our dryer tomorrow after ordering the part he needed. My house has been decorated with clothes hanging everywhere to dry. 

I'm thankful for a new week and a husband who is back to H-E-L-P! 

1 comment:

Dina said...

Your jacket is so cute! We are going to see the Prairie lights on Wednesday. I can't wait!