Sunday, July 19, 2009

Graduation Weekend

Today I officially graduated from the University of Phoenix.
It was held at the American Airlines center and I tell you one thing, what people did before access to the Internet on their phone isbeyond me!! Facebook, magazines, and games kept the family busy since there was almost 1, 000 people walking in the ceremony.
Yes, 1, 000; is that crazy or what!?! The ceremony was very nice and
I didn't trip walking across the stage so that was another plus!
We went out Saturday night with Leslie and her boyfriend, some friends and our new neighbor friends too! I am always very thankful for two people in my life, Amber and Mary. I have been friends with Mary since kinder garden and no matter what important event in my life is going on, she always makes it a point to come and celebrate. We don't see each other much so I always cherish that she shows up. Amber is another person who no matter what is always so happy for me when something good is going on in my life. And the two of them together is just hilarious!!
After graduation we went back over to my parents to eat some good food and spend some time celebrating!
Some pictures of today, enjoy!
My wonderful husband, I can't even put into words how wonderfully supportive and loving Dave has been. I am so thankful I get to share my life with someone like him. He is incredibly sweet, considerate, and loving. Thank you Dave for all your words of encouragement and for being such a great and positive person in my life. I love you more than you know and am astonished at how my love for you continues to grow with every day that passes.

I am the one right in front is this picture behind the blonde ;)


My mom and dad did such a good job planning it all and getting the food, Brian (Leslie's boyfriend) made ribs that were AWESOME along with probably the BEST potato salad ever. Gordon (my father in law), Corey (brother in law), Jenn and Bailey (sister in law and niece) and my aunt came too. It always feels so special to me when you have people around to celebrate and I feel so incredibly blessed I have such a great group of people to call my family. My mom and dad especially made this day great, thank you Mom and Dad
for encouraging me and being so supportive!
It's been a long weekend so I'm off to bed to try and catch some extra sleep for this week!!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

YAY! Congrats Brooke. Very sweet post.

Doug and Kelli said...

Congrats Brooke!!! How exciting :)

Kristine said...

Thanks for the comment! Lisa was out of the country so I had someone else. The pics on the blog are touched up by me. Hers were not that great. No photoshop was done or anything. I told Lisa she wasn't allowed to go on vaca if I needed her again. ;)