Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday? Feels like a Monday!!

Do you have those days where you look back and say "man, I wish I would have handled that situation better?" Needless to say, I had an eventful morning. It took me quite a bit to get to work today and regardless of what actually happened, the real lesson in this morning was that sometimes life just happens to us and it's how we react that really matters. I, embarrassing enough, didn't handle the situation thrown at me very well. Shame on me. I felt this little voice in the back of my head telling me my reaction wasn't what it was suppose to be. And of course, I know who that voice was. God was telling me I should have used the situation and responded in a more positive manner. Lesson learned, and I for sure want to make sure in the future I remember that little voice and respond in a more loving and Christian like way.

On a more positive note, my day ended very well. I am in my new role as a CEL (Corporate Education Liaison) and got to spend some time today with a really nice lady who has been a CEL for a long period of time so I got some great ideas! It's so amazing to me to be in my new role. I have this great new opportunity to do really well at a job I think I have a knack for.

I'm kind of in a period of raising my self esteem again though. After being in a role that I think was a great learning opportunity but not something I was exactly excited to do I feel like my confidence level has dropped a bit. So I think it might take a while to build it back up to where I felt like I was when I was at Roadhouse. For some reason, I felt so comfortable like in my element at Roadhouse. And it's new at UOP. The culture almost feels the same though but in a different way. There is definitely more growth potential at UOP and has some really great people there.

I think it's going to be a long hard rode to get where I want but I'm looking forward to it!! So if anyone out there is interested in getting back into school let me know. I know a really good one ;)

No comments: