Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful

I was reminded over the past few days just how good my life is. I don't mean monetarily, I mean lucky like, God really is taking care of me even when I think he forgets.


After we got back from Winstar the other day, I told Dave the thought kept crossing my mind at Babe's that the last time we had eaten there with my parents, it was to share news that we were pregnant. I had a few moments of sadness but quickly realized it's just a part of life. Although, I had received some news from a friend that she was having surgery today to remove two large cysts from her ovaries and may possibly have to get her ovaries removed too. My heart sunk. Any surgery is scary, but the thought of loosing your ovaries?

I prayed very hard last night. I text my mom this morning and asked her to pray for my friend too. I called my friend's mom this afternoon and as of now, things look good. The chance of them having to remove her ovaries are slim, at the moment, and I almost lost it on the phone. I was so thankful for her. And for me.

Sometimes things in life just happen when you need a reminder of who is in charge. I'm thankful that while I still ache at times for my loss, I still have the ability (hopefully) to get pregnant again. And I'm thankful my friend of over 16 years still has a chance too. God does some amazing things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been praying for her all day too. She is lucky to have you as her friend Brooke. Thanking God for a good surgery.