Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rangers, Old Friends, and Thriller

My husband has the best job! He called me Monday afternoon at 3pm and said "Leave school early, we're going to the World Series!" I was SO excited. I didn't get to leave until normal time (I was in a color class all day that was a-mazing!) but we managed to get home, change, and make it to the game in time for the first pitch. We could not have had better seats either. We were about 14 rows up from home plate. Simply awesome!


The energy at the stadium was pure craziness. I mean, non stop screaming. Hard not to stand up the whole time and cheer.
See that catcher? Well, I've already told Dave Napoli is my second husband. He isn't aware of this yet, but that's okay. I admire him from afar.
Love you David Samuel!

*******************************************************

I met some old friends out for dinner this week. Valerie (on the left) and I went to school from middle school through high school together and Brooke (in the middle, and yes the same name) was my bestest friend in elementary school. I haven't seen her since she moved schools in fifth grade. Is that crazy or what?! Thank you Facebook for reconnecting old friends. We figured out that Valerie and Brooke knew each other after Brooke moved to her school. Small World! So fun to get together after so many years.

*******************************************************

We have this thing at school every six weeks called Round-Up, which is a time for awards and some "fun" (depends on who you ask, HA!). This time Thriller was the theme, it being Halloween and all, and I must say that the costumes and make-up were phenomenal!

Everyone was required to incorporate the Thriller dance into their skits and that is much harder than it sounds!
Nikki and Vanessa from my class.
How awesome is this?! That's tissue paper they put make-up on. Crazy!


This is Nikki and Mrs. Lemoine with the Spirit trophy my phase won. Mrs. Lemoine might seriously be the funniest person I have ever met. She's from Louisiana and is the entertainment at school. We started Ogle Aerobics that we do in the morning and I am now known as "Aerobics Lady" opposed to Brooke. We even wear name tags at school and some of those girls still can't learn my name. Go figure.
Our class. My teacher is in the blue with the mask on. She's a little shy! :)

I played hookie from school today because the past two weeks have seriously left me sleep deprived and my body finally said "NO!". So while I feel a little guilty, resting is feeling so goooooooooddddddddd.

No comments: