Thursday, August 9, 2012

Colbi's stats

I know I've become one of those mothers who only blogs about their baby but hey, guess what? I can't leave the house just yet so I don't have anything else to talk about. HA! Besides, she's pretty cool and I love her so I want to blog about her. 

Colbi,

Daddy gives you baths most of the time, mainly because he is just too good at it. You aren't sure if you like bath time quite yet, sometimes you cry and sometimes you don't. You love your daddy! He makes you laugh and thinks you're just the most awesome thing around. If you are sleeping when he gets home, he anxiously waits for you to wake up to play with you. It's pretty sweet.
 He also does a good job at dressing you. This is his favorite onesie. He definitely looks forward to the day you will go sit in the deer blind with him (trust me, it's actually fun.......you'll like it). 


 This is your favorite place to sleep. You sleep on daddy's chest a lot, and when I'm lucky, you'll sleep on mine (usually after nursing or when we burp you). We just can't get enough of you! I know you won't be this little for too long so I don't care if we hold you a lot. It's worth every. single. second.
Your daddy and I love you so, so very much. You make us both so happy! 

*************************************************************

Mom went with me to take Colbi to her second doctor's appointment today. I'm glad she did. There is just so much to carry! Ha! And, I enjoy her going. Dave has to work and misses out, I like to have someone else there to hear what they are saying. Besides, Gigi is always helpful and enjoys Colbi time.


Weight: 8 lb 15.5 oz
Height: 22.5 inches

Colbi, you've gained a pound and half in two weeks and grew a inch and half! That's crazy. You're in the 95th percentile for height and the 60th percentile in weight. The good news is the doctor said I don't have to worry about feeding you every 3-4 hours because you eat so well (maybe that means more sleep for me, selfish I know but still). 

You are three weeks old today and I can't believe it. I think you will be in size 1 diapers before long. It's just going by so quickly!

We love you Colbi Morgan!


4 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

All the pictures of Dave with Colbi are so sweet.

I always try to have someone else go with me to pedi appointments, too!

I may have to take Elliot to his Hep B vaccine appointment by myself (with Katelyn, too) and I'm a little nervous about that!

The Ziebarth Family said...

Oh my gosh I adore that picture of her lying in the pink onesie!! She is gorgeous and you guys are so blessed!!

Brooklynn said...

Thanks Traci! We're pretty fond of her :)

Brooklynn said...

I go back in two weeks for her Hep B shot, hopefully Mom and can come too! I feel for you, they'd be hard. Maybe Katelyn will be able to show some comfort