Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A few firsts.......


Things around here are getting a little easier. We have been getting out and about lately, mainly because being in this house all the time drives. me. crazy. I have to give props to stay-at-home-moms, I couldn't do it seven days a week for an indefinite period of time. Whew! 

 Colbi watched her first official cartoon Sunday morning. Daddy picked the movie, Puss and Boots.

 Dave and Colbi had some quality time last weekend while I did hair. He must have tired her out because when I got home, she fell asleep while Dave was burping her. Pretty funny.

And I wasn't sure if I had mentioned that my mom made Colbi's one month outfit we had her pictures taken in, she's so talented.
We've been throwing a bit more fits lately and been fussy, especially at night time before bed. I don't what it is, at about 7ish, this girl changes into a completely different baby. Once we get her calm, she is ok and is usually in bed between 9-10pm. Have I mentioned that she absolutely, positively, without a doubt, HATES bath time. I mean, kick and scream at the top of her lungs the entire time hate it. If anyone has any pointers, I'm all ears. Last night I tried feeding her first instead of after and she didn't cry for the first few minutes (I secretly think she had a delayed reaction to what was actually happening). 

She is "talking" more and more everyday. I took her last week to get a shot and she had gained one full pound! I'm guessing she is well over ten pounds by now. She's in 0-3 month clothes, size 1 diapers, and is eating about 4-5oz for feedings. We are working on the transition to naps in her crib because since she LOVES to be sitting up right, we have been challenged with laying flat in the crib for naps. Oy vay. I pray for lots of patience while doing this because my daughter is one strong willed, know-what-she-wants type of gal. 

I'll tell ya what, my mom can whip out a bow in like 2.5 seconds. Gigi and Pops watched her for a bit yesterday morning and I got a text with this picture and the caption "Playing dress up at Gigi's". She's so pretty. 

*Mommy also had a first this week.......I'm officially back in the saddle with running. My first run felt so much different post partum. I can't wait to run and not jiggle everywhere. Something to work towards I guess :)

5 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

Oh man, she sounds a lot like Katelyn! K would get super fussy every night around 5, and the fusses didn't stop until she went to sleep. When she was about 8 weeks or so we realized she was actually overtired. Once we started putting her to bed earlier (like around 7:30) life became more enjoyable for all of us!
She haaaaated bath time, too! Jer and I used to dread bath nights because we knew it meant having to listen to screaming for a solid 10 minutes. I don't know/remember when she finally started liking them...I just know that it did turn around at some point!
Colbi is a doll. And your mom's skills are very impressive!

Brooklynn said...

Rachel, I thought that might be it. I'm trying to look at her ques a bit more, tired eyes, yawning. Last night was really good! She fought sleep but didn't scream all night long. Woohoo!

Sometimes I think first babies are just a bit more fussy because it's so new for them and the parents.

I thought about you on the first day of school. Glad you still get some time with Elliott!

The Ziebarth Family said...

I completely agree with you both that first timers are super difficult!! Well...more challenging because you don't exactly know what to do and the kiddos can sense this! Mikah was my hardest baby...literally each baby was easier! Hang in there, pray often and don't be afraid to ask for help and advice! You are doing awesome and she is gorgeous!

Brooklynn said...

Thanks Traci! You're looking awesome! Keep up the good work!

Joanna said...

Bath time does get better. Parker hated it, too. I never thought it would get better. I did a lot of wiping him down, and did baths every few days.