Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What's up

Well. We've been up to the same old stuff around here. Kind of.

Last weekend was opening day for dove season, so Dave went hunting, which meant Colbi and I went to stay the night with my parents. We had our first over night stay, it was quite successful! Although, I will say, packing was fun. Ha! {side note: our dogs got a dose of reality when I DIDN'T take Buddy with me and left them both here........they were still here when I got back, but our backyard was a little tore up :-/ }


We had a great time. It was nice to have Mom walk into our room to at 430 and tell me to go back to bed. She rocked Colbi and when I rolled out of bed at 830, Colbi looked very peaceful with her Gigi. AND, Dad made his awesome pancakes and Mom got us Starbucks Saturday morning. Always nice to go home for a visit! :)


Mom got Colbi the cutest little socks and since her feet were cold, Dad put them on her. She was pulling off her best Ian Kinsler impression. She actually doesn't mind socks, which is good because her feet are usually freezing. This was us headed home.


Dad came over to visit today and I managed to snap a picture of him and Colbi taking a little nap. You're welcome Dad! :) She was so sweet today and smiled a ton. My favorite time is the mornings because she is just super smiley and happy. It's my absolute, best part of any day.


Dave and I are now watching the Cowboy game (yuck! The things we do for our husbands).

I'm actually getting ready for a certain persons birthday tomorrow. His name starts with a D and he just so happens to live in the same house as me.

Happy Hump Day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Dina said...

Hey Brooke!

I'm selling lots of Katie's clothes tomorrow night at Weds morning at my house if you need anything for Colbi. I will have newborn to 24 months. And Katie was born in July too, so the seasons would be perfect for her. Email me if you want details. marcusanddina@sbcglobal.net