Monday, November 26, 2012

A recap.

I don't blog nearly as much as I use too. Not because I don't want too, I do. It's because our laptop is probably the most frustrating piece of technology ever. We need a new one. Bad.

Any who, on to a recap! 

The past two weeks have been busy and not...if that makes since. 

I took this picture because I love these beanies. So cute! 
(Side note: I use to really like the paci clips UNTIL today when I accidentally clipped Colbi's skin and she screamed bloody murder! It wasn't under about a half hour later when I saw the imprint changing her I knew. I. felt. horrible. Not to self: double check to make sure it's ONLY clipped to her shirt).

**************************************************

My dad is on the park board for his city so we got some VIP treatment to the Grand Prairie Lights off of Joe Pool. They are really amazing this year. I forgot how awesome Christmas lights can be. Jenna, Jason, Avery, us three, and my parents went together and Avery LOVED it. It's so excited to re-live everything thru a kid's eyes. 
We all took pictures with silly hats. This was the best one my sweet husband got. Photography is not his speciality :-)

Colbi has really grown. She went to the doctor last Monday and let's see:

13.8lbs (50% percentile)
26 inches long (97% percentile)
41 head circumference (50% percentile)

Her pedi said she is long and lean and what woman wouldn't want that?! 
I still need to do her 4 month post. I will. I promise!

We tried out the play station........
 Got interested in Buddy...........
 Jumped in the jump-a-roo..........(LOVES IT!)
 And looked through all the ads for Black Friday!
 We had a very relaxing (except for about 24 hrs. of me not feeling great), chill Thanksgiving this year. Dave really wanted to go stay the night at my parents the night before, which was great! Colbi got to see Gigi and Pops first thing in the morning. We had a great lunch and then Leslie, Mom, and I went to the movie. Breaking Dawn Part 2. Let me say, I'm not a Twlight person, but I did LOVE this one. Mom and I stopped by Macy's to get a pair of boots and headed back their house for another night with them. My mom pointed out this was the first time in 4 years (since we've been married) we actually stayed the night just because. Maybe we will make it a tradition :-) 

The next morning Dave and I went to grab some breakfast and headed home. We weren't gone too long though because a certain little girl was having a birthday party!!!

*************************************************

Avery turned two! I still can't believe it's been two years since Jenna and Jason brought her home on Thanksgiving day. Time flies. 
 Avery is such a sweet, smart little girl. She loves on Colbi and talks to her, gives her hugs and kisses. It's awesome. We never had cousins to play with, so I'll enjoy watching their relationship grow. 

Sophia LOVES babies and Colbi loves her. She just entertains her and talks to her all the time. Colbi will watch her and laugh. It really is sweet. And doesn't Colbi look SO cute? That was Avery's vest we inherited. (p.s. Dave wore his vest to match Colbi :-)

******************************************************

And today, Dave took off and we had a good day together. I made breakfast this morning and we headed off to the movie this afternoon to see Life of Pi. It was good.........different. And more spiritual than anything else. I really enjoyed it. Especially in 3D.

Hope you all had just as great a holiday as we did. I can't believe Christmas is only one month away!

1 comment:

Hall Around Texas said...

Love that sweet little picture of her sleeping!! I have been contemplating doing the Prairie Lights. I think Mason would like it.
Wow, Colbi is tall!! Can’t believe she’s 4 months already.
Xo
Crystal