Thursday, November 15, 2012

Some new favorites

I have a few new favorites as of lately that I thought I would share with you.

First and foremost, my new favorite blog is this one. She is a stylist that does all sorts of fun tutorials and has some great tips as far as make-up and accessories. She's super cute too. 

I have new product that I love too. Kenra (has been around forever but I just starting using it). This line is awesome as far as blow dry spray, hair sprays, and finishing sprays. I haven't used their shampoo or conditioner, but they are more known for their styling products anyway.

I'm also LOVING that it is time for scarves. FINALLY! 


I'm in this funky stage where I'm still loosing weight, but for all you mom's out there, you know how different your body is once you've popped out a kiddo. Your hips are wider, bottom is bigger, and don't even get me started on how differently tops fit, but I find that things like scarves and chunky necklaces help to balance things out. Besides, they're just awesome anyway.

Modern Family is killing it this season. It's actually the one show I try to make sure and watch. TV has kind of become a white noise type of thing. I really don't watch much of it anymore, just keep it on for some back ground noise.


And last but not least, I'm LOVING my job. I was kind of nervous at first to be honest, simply because being self employed is just....well.....nerve racking. The whole thing, not having anyone to give me their opinion about color options or cuts, making sure I stay busy enough to pay my lease and daycare, doing my best in order to make sure I get referrals..........it's scary. I will say this though, God has proven me wrong every. single. week. 

I'm a pretty nervous person. I worry all the time. I try to plan everything down to the cent. It's incredibly hard to do that when you are banking off of what people needs are. Getting your hair done is a luxury, it's not something everyone can afford to (but to be honest, most people will give up eating out before they give up their highlights or covering up their gray). HA! 

With every week that passes and I continue to write my rent check or dropping Colbi off at daycare, God has continue to show me that he will meet my needs. Meet our needs. And I often wonder if this happens because when we follow God's will for our life, he gives us signs to validate what we are doing is the right path. This isn't to say things are always sunshine and roses, but I know that no matter what, God will provide. Trusting in him is hard for control freaks......even though, it's all about faith. Faith in a being that is bigger than we could ever imagine. Faith in a God that continues to love us, even when we consistently deny him. I'm not a church go-er, I'll be honest. I grew up in church, I should go to church. Why don't we? Honestly, laziness. But, that doesn't mean that my relationship is any less real or important than the next person. That doesn't mean that God spends any less time thinking and loving my family than my neighbors. The truth is, I want to go to church. I want Colbi to grow up in church. And more and more, that is becoming important to me. To us. 

Not sure how this has turned into a spiritual posting, but I just felt as though I needed to share that.

And, I did want to share this last thing!

The Cindy Tamplin Memorial Tea is this Saturday at:

Inglewood Baptist Church
1901 S. Carrier Parkway
Grand Prairie, TX 75051
 1pm-3pm. 

There will be lots of fun auction items and all proceeds going to Brighter Tomorrow Women's Shelter. Come on out if you are free. A cute little girl will be there with me saying hi! :)

1 comment:

Dina said...

I'm so glad God has given you confirmation that you are on the right path with work and following His will. That is the best feeling!

And I know it's hard to get out of bed on Sunday mornings to go to church, but it is so worth it! And the younger Colbi is, the easier it will be. We have met some of our very best friends at church and I know Katie will too!

I know it's not super close to you, but you are always welcome to visit our church if you want. We go to FBC Colleyville. There are tons of young families there!