Monday, November 5, 2012

Anniversary celebration


We got to celebrate our anniversary this past Saturday night thanks to my parents who offered to keep Colbi.....OVER NIGHT! I thought it would be really hard and I'd want to go get her after dinner, but we did good! Honestly, Dave and I needed some time away. We had some good, quality time just the two of us!

We went to one of our favorite places called Mi Dias. It's SO good. It's Mexican, but more cuisine Mexican (aka, not tex -mex). I had the Sea Bass tacos and they were yummy! I don't normally try new things, but I figured why not?!
I woke up Sunday morning pretty early and text my dad telling him we would be there shortly to get her. Evidently, she had a great night and slept 10 hours! Dad said not to rush, she was snoozing, so we went to grab some breakfast at Mimi's. Dave suggested it and I was in shock. 
(This picture reminds me that I need to tan and still have about 10 lbs I'm trying to get rid of! Boo.)

I had the quiche and it was super good. 
Dave had to get one of their muffins to start with, who knew he loved some of this stuff?
And then he ate some pancakes. 

We had SUCH a good time. It reminded us of our "Pre-Colbi" days, although, I was ready to see her after breakfast. And she was super happy when she saw us and talking up a storm!

We got this video as we were sitting down to eat dinner and it made me tear up. Just because I know how much Mom and Dad enjoy spending time with her. 

Thanks again Gigi and Pops for keeping Colbi!! Her parents really appreciate it!
(And Colbi told us when we got in the car how much fun she had!)

2 comments:

Dina said...

Happy Anniversary!
Colbi is the cutest and growing SO FAST!

Karen said...

Hi,
My daughter turned 3 months on 10/27 so I like to see how Colbi is doing. It is great if you only have 10 more pounds to go. I still have 18 and it is hard!