Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Stuff

I've had the past few days off and it's been lovely

I needed a few days off just to catch up on stuff around the house and spend time with Dave and Colbi. I've been working a lot (not complaining, it's just hard sometimes) so, it was nice to have a Saturday off and a few days not to be rushed into getting things done. I'm glad I didn't have any clients today and I could stay home and not drive anywhere! It was SUPER icy here.


Mom and Dad came over today to see me Colbi and Mom snapped this picture. Buddy loves Colbi. He literally follows her and sits right by her all the time. I think he gets a little jealous, but for the most part, he is great about her being here. Colbi is just growing so quickly. I can't believe she is about to be six months old. Makes me so happy......and a little sad. I guess that's normal, right?! 

We are starting the switch to formula and that also makes me a little sad. I guess it's more guilty. I'm not sad because I won't be nursing her anymore, to be honest, she doesn't nurse that much except in the mornings. I guess it's the guilt of stopping. From what I hear, it's there no matter when you stop. It's just time. I've become too busy to stop and do it as frequently as I need to. It's been a hard decision and I was even a little sad when she just took her bottle tonight (of formula) without hesitation. But, it makes me happy too. I didn't want the switch to be a horrible one. It's always something isn't it?

 But, it was a nice visit today and Mom is making great progress with her foot. Hopefully, she will be able to put some weight on her foot very soon! 

************************************************

Last week we all went over to my parents for dinner and Avery got a fun gift from Gigi and Pops:
Avery LOVES Tangled so, Gigi and Pops got her a dress up gown to play with when she is there. So. Much. Fun.


Work has been going very well. I've been really blessed and I am SO thankful. I'm still enjoying my salon and have had some awesome clients. I think working in the restaurant business has really helped me with being self-employed and also, just working with people. Communication is one big key factor when doing hair, and luckily, I've had 12+ years of experience in the customer service industry. I just pray and keep the faith that my business will continue to build and learn as I go. It truly is a blessing to get up every day and go to a job I absolutely love. Praise the Lord for that!

I'll leave you with a few pictures of Pops and his girls. 


(One day, we might get a picture with Avery and Colbi looking at the camera at the same time........maybe!)

2 comments:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

So cute!!! Love that one of dad. Yes, that feeling of guilt is there. I had it too. And every time they move into a new stage and away from being a baby, it's the same feeling of happiness but sadness.

Dina said...

Colbi is so cute and getting so big! Mom guilt is the worst! I first experienced it when Katie was about 2 hours old and a million times since then!