Sunday, February 3, 2013

Date Night

Shout out to my sister for offering to keep our little munchkin last night!

Dave and I were WAY over due for a date night. We kind of always know when we need sometime just us when we start being pretty snippy with one another. HA! Hey, it happens. Let's be honest. 

It took us some time to think about what to do. We wanted to go eat somewhere super fun, hip, and new but really didn't want to drive very far. We ended up going to Pappadeaux for some seafood and then to have a few drinks at an old favorite place of ours. Although, I will say, at about 10:45 we were spent. We left right as all the young-ins starting pouring in. Oh how life changes the older we become.


Dave gets to eat at Pappadeaux pretty often because of his job, so he told me we had to try the alligator. Um ok? Tastes like chicken, except way more chewy.

I got the chicken (because I'm boring and was saving my calories for my adult beverages!), but it's one of my favorites from there.

Jenna did a great job at sending us updates, which was nice! Dave and I both decided to not text or be on the phone all night, except when Jenna was texting us. I forgot how great it is to just hang out without the distractions of Facebook. HA!
She said Colbi just watched her make dinner and did awesome all night. YAY!!! More sleep overs to come then :)
And I had to include this picture! Crab is Dave's absolute, most favorite food on the planet so he was beyond excited when our food arrived. Love it.

We spent way too much on dinner, enjoyed some awesome alone time, had some conversations that didn't include Colbi, and got some rest. It. Was. Amazing.

Thanks again Jenna and Jason for keeping Colbi!! 

2 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

I can totally relate to knowing that you need a date night when you get snippy with each other! We are the same way.

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

Ha! Us, too. Glad y'all got to get out.