Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend 2014

We had a very busy few days around here, as did most of you I'm sure. 

Saturday, I worked a half day and then headed home so we could get ready for church! I love that our church has night services, and on the "holidays" they will do church Saturday night. It's so convenient and this Easter service was a very special one. 

After church, we headed over to my in-laws house for dinner and egg huntin'! 

She caught on very quickly to how it all works!


Did I mention Memaw and Aunt Karen came to town? They have been here for about two weeks and I know they love seeing Colbi and how big she has gotten!

My new favorite picture!

Four generations!!

Sunday, Colbi and I got up and went back to church so I could be in the nursery. Dave opted to go play a little golf in the morning, which I can't blame him! I would have taken advantage too. After church, we went over to my parents house for lunch and more eggs! 
This is Colbi's favorite seat. My parent's neighbor sure is nice about her always sitting on it! HA!
Lunch was amazing! Afterward, the Easter bunny went out to hide some eggs. There were so many, Colbi had to dump her basket two times! Needless to say, if anyone wants any candy, come on over!

Gigi, Pops, and Colbi
Mommy, Daddy, and Colbi!

It was a very nice weekend, full of family and fun. And, I was reminded driving to church in the early morning of that Sunday so long ago. To visit Jesus' tomb and find out that he was alive and had risen must have been such a sea of emotions! I am so thankful for God and his son to have given his life in order for us to be forgiven of our many sins. 

"Worthy is the Lamb who was slain 
Worthy is the King who conquered the grave
Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
 worthy, worthy, worthy
......this is amazing grace!"

No comments: