Monday, April 14, 2014

Girl's Night and Monday with Mommy

We had a Girl's Night Saturday, which was long over due. We had two friends drive in from McKinney, Leslie was finally in town, and two other friends from high school meet up. It was a night full of laughs and great 80's music from a cover band at a local place on the lake. By 10pm, we were all ready to go home, but stayed a little longer because the band was that good. There were even people there dressed up in 80's clothes. Pretty funny! 

Sometimes you just need a night out with friends to remind you that you are human. I don't get to see friends too often unless it involves a baby shower, kid party, or bridal shower. That's the season we are in and I wouldn't change a thing. And, I'm not one who "craves" the night's out. I'm always happy to show up if someone invites me, but I'm perfectly content hanging with my family at home. If it makes me lame, oh well! :-)

Today, we had plans to visit the local gym and let Colbi run around but first thing this morning involved milk, vomit, and my clothes. So.......we skipped it. She didn't seem to feel horrible the rest of the day. I think it might have just been congestion and sucking down milk too quickly. But, she was sick on Saturday too. So random. 

We spent the day cleaning, doing some laundry, and playing. 



I did let her have a little fruit with some cool whip on top, hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me. 

Easter is this weekend and I'm looking forward to it. I'm working the morning services at church, Dave's grandmother and aunt made a surprise visit, and I'm working Saturday so this weekend should be a busy one! 

No comments: