Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

This weekend was full of lots of fun!

Friday, we went to a city carnival type thing with my family. My dad is on the Parks and Recreation board, so we get the VIP treatment! Hollar! It was a load of fun! Colbi and Avery had a great time!

Colbi loves her some popcorn, but her favorite is kettle corn. She is my child.
Aunt Leslie even got to come!
We stayed out fairly late, but it was well worth it!! 

Saturday, I was suppose to go to our town thing but managed to get a flat tire on the way home from work. Dave had brought Colbi up to work so he could go play golf, which meant I had her as we were stuck on the highway. She was actually pretty well behaved. I pulled over to a bank parking lot and waited for roadside assistance (only to find that our town doesn't have a courtesy vehicle, go figure!), but my brother-in-law came to the rescue. 
We ended up leaving my car there and once Dave got done with golf he went up to change the tire. My niece was having a birthday party and I didn't want to keep my bil too long. It all worked out. 

After the party we went to Ooma's for some dry butter beans....have you ever had them?! They're good, I think it's a Georgia thing because no one I know has ever eaten them. Have you? 

Sunday, we woke up and went to church. I worked the nursery for the 9:30 service and Dave went to big church. He came to get me afterward to tell me he was getting baptized. I was so excited and shocked! He has been thinking about this for quite some time and felt like Sunday, God was really tugging at his heart. No family was there except myself and Colbi, that made me a little sad. But, like Dave said, he just felt like the time was then. He will get a video of it and everyone can watch it. Until then, here are some pictures!
The man on the left is one of the pastors he is working with in the Celebrate Recovery ministry Dave serves in. He really respects and likes him!
"I've been washed in the blood of the lamb!" 

I kept hearing the O Brother Where Art Thou music. HA!
I can not tell you how thankful I am. Dave has struggled some with religion and his beliefs, so this really was a huge step for him! I am so glad I know for certain that I will see my husband again in Heaven. He said he felt like a new person, like it was a new beginning for him. God is good. All the time. All the time. God is good. 

After, Dave left to go play golf (again!) and we headed home to eat some lunch and take a nap!

After Colbi woke up, we headed to my parents to play some.....
........these two are so adorable together. Avery is bossy and Colbi loves her. Colbi has some sass too, don't let her fool you!
We ended the day with a little Brave and pizza.

Whew!!! 
Hope your weekend was as good as our's!

1 comment:

Dina said...

So excited for Dave! That is wonderful!