Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Blog, what! Why?

Well, so I decided to start blogging....for a few reasons but really I was inspired. My friend Jennifer always sends me links to what her mom blogs, all mostly about Talan and for some reason I just really felt moved to start my own. Maybe because of the thought I have so much going on in my life at the moment I really want to cherish this time, and how awesome is it going to be able to look back and relive these moments! So thank you to my dear friend Sharghi for keeping me in the loop with her adorable little boy Talan, and for inspiring me to start my own public journal.

I am at a point in time where things are really starting to come together for me, at the moment anyway. Life has a way of throwing curve balls at us so we will see, but for right now the future is bright. I am a newlywed of three months, I am exceling at work, and I am two classes away from finishing my bachelor's degree in Management from the University of Phoenix. Gosh, it seems like a long time coming and as I look back over the time I have spent writing papers, sitting in class, answering discussion questions one thing keeps popping in my mind.

This goal of mine I set out to finish in May of 2007 has almost come to an end and seems so real. And it's something I did on my very own, no one helped me, no one sat up with me while I finished my work, it was my doing. I almost thought it was unreachable. I graduated almost ten years ago from high school and never really got serious about college until then. I have my wonderfully supportive husband to thank for his words of encouragement. When I had told Dave at the time that I wanted to go back to school and finish, from day one he was so supportive, so motivating. During the entire time he would consistently tell me how proud he was of me and what a great job I was doing, even when I had to use the computer night after night with him wanting to check his Fantasy Football scores. He never complained, he was truly the one person that I always found to be interested in what I was accomplishing and supported me from beginning to end. I will never forget the words of encouragement from the man I married while I did this, for myself. He truly showed me what it was like to support the person you love, even if you have sacrifice time and energy for them accomplish their goal. Thank you Dave for giving me that, I only hope I will be able to do that for you one day when you full fill your dream.

Dave and I are in a place honestly where we are still adjusting. Although we have been together for three years there is just something about marriage that changes you, I see a big change in me. I want to be with him, spend time with him, make him happy. I am learning how to be not so independent and more dependent on the person who I promised and vowed to share my life with. Anyone who knows me, understands that statement. Dave once told me that it is great to be independent, especially as a woman, but he doesn't want to feel as though my life could just pick up and move on if something were to happen to us. Which at the time I thought was kind of a blow to my independence but after some thought and time I figured out what he meant. Love is one of the things we each need in our lives to feel complete. Time changes that, I'm sure. You begin finding your own way in church, or work, or with friends but right now I feel it is so incredibly important to lay the foundation of our marriage. Dave needs to feel needed, the same as I do. And I am taking full advantage of the entire newlywed experience and the "newness" of our marriage, because like most people have told me, that wears off and pretty soon the spending time together thing is not so important or likely.

So there you have it, my first blog......I feel as though I have to stop. As I continue writing I feel tears forming so I'll leave it at that.

No comments: