Thursday, February 19, 2009

President's Day Rocks

I have started and stopped this blog about three times already. I would write a whole bunch of stuff and then delete it, not really sure why. I think my mind is kind of racing and having a million little thoughts makes it just hard to focus I guess.

You know, life right now is just kind of living. What's the saying
"L-I-V-I-N", I will forever love that movie. Between work, finishing school, and Dave being stressed out because of this huge job he got a work, by the end of the day we are just pooped! But I am really trying to focus on figuring out, career wise, what my next move will be and where it can take me.

This week was a short week for me, Monday was my Dad's birthday (along with President's Day which I got off, thank you) and we all went to eat at Dave and Busters in Arlington and it was fun. I haven't been there in forever and I think now days things are just different. The older we get it just seems more and more challenging to try and fit everything in so it's nice to have those times with the family. I can tell you, I am incredibly proud of how well my parents have taken care of themselves through the years. Both my mom and dad are pretty active, walking or running all the time. Seriously, I'm 26 and I don't even work out as much as I should.....gotta give it to them.

Tuesday was busy with a doctor appt, actually getting my name changed to Brooke Petty (I was so excited but the Social Security office is like a germ fest, ugh gross. So my work week was short, which I needed.

I tell you one thing I love about working for a school, getting holidays off is great! President's Day, come on! I won't be complaining anytime to soon!

No comments: