Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No more sweets

So the past two days I decided to take C'mere for a jog, well run is more like it. Dave fixed the bike we have, it's like a classic Schwinn and I thought it would be a great way for C'mere to get some exercise. I swear, I take that dog running and it's still not enough. So I figure if I could take him and actually have him run super fast, maybe just maybe he would get all that hyperness out!

The running part went really well at first and then he began walking around me, stopping every two seconds to take a potty break, and if another dog was out walking around too forget it!! But I think he really enjoys our runs and I like it. It gets me out of the house getting some exercise and spending some time with my beautiful yellow lab. Buddy on the other hand wouldn't last, poor little doggy his little legs just can't hang.

So today is Ash Wednesday, and to be honest we Baptist don't really do the lent thing. But as I went to church tonight that was the topic, why there is a big difference between the religions and why some people believe in it and some don't. Bottom line being that sacrifice is a good thing, going without is a good thing, and temptation is good because it is a time for us to trust in God and know that he will get us through it. So this year I am going to do it, I know it's something I should do. Mine is going to be sweets because I am that girl who loves to have anything sweet after any meal, breakfast dinner it doesn't matter.

Because really it's about why we are doing it and what in our heart it means, and it reminds us of what Jesus did for us. It always just reminds me of the Passion of the Christ. I always picture it in my head, always. Him being beaten repeatedly over and over again and he just kept getting up and taking more, carrying that heavy cross all the way up to that hill, and him stretching out his hands for them to nailed them in, on his own without anyone forcing him too. It's an amazing thing, and I tell you what I was in tears watching that movie because it actually showed what Jesus did for us........I can surely give up sweets for him. But it's like what the pastor said tonight, I'm not sure I want to be around everyone about a week in....the mood might not be so great but that will pass. So I'm interested to see what God has in store for me for the next 40 days, lots of prayer I know that.

No comments: