Monday, February 23, 2009

Our favorite past time

I just had to share the amazing weekend Dave and I had! Dave's friend called Thursday and asked if Dave and I would like to head down to their ranch in Lipan, TX for the weekend so when Dave asked me I immediately said "YES!" (I think he was surprised!) You have to see this ranch to know why it's so incredible to go to......Jared and his wife Addie are very good about inviting his friends out there to hang out and I think I speak for everyone when we say THANK YOU!!

We got down there about 10pm Friday night, starting enjoying some adult cocktails and then took a little ride to check the deer feeders he had set up. Needless to say, that was a late night for everyone involved. Sat. morning we woke up, ate some breakfast and pretty much hung out all day. The boys were building a deer stand while the wives watched and then Dave decided for he and I to go fishing, which I love so I was all about it. Of course, before we went there had to be some drama! Let me just tell you, there were about 6 or 7 labs out there along with Buddy (he was the odd man out) and C'mere always has to be the chief so a fight broke out between C'mere and George (Jared and Addie's dog). All I can say is thank goodness Jodie was there because dogs fighting are way scary. George won, C'mere ended up bleeding with a cut on his nose but he wasn't worried about it. After that, he was ready to start playing again!

We took C'mere fishing with us, BAD IDEA!! I don't know why it didn't cross our minds to leave him there, his love of water came into to play and the fishing trip was anything but peaceful. You should have seen that dog when we got done, covered in mud and dirt.

That night the boys get this great idea to go hunting after the crawfish boil. Anything but deer that is, we started hearing all these funny noises and they had to go check it out. So Addie and I got our gear on and went with, of course we saw nothing until the very end and what did we see, 2 deer; exactly what they couldn't shoot. But it was a good time looking for stuff, very entertaining. The boys were pretty hiliarious, Dave was standing up out of the sunroof (we were in Jared's truck, it was cold outside!) and Jared was in charge of the coyote caller. Great times.

All in all it was a great weekend!! Dave and I really hope one day we can find some land in a good part of Texas to build a house on, maybe get some horses or something. It's just so peaceful to not be surrounded by the hussel and bussel of life in the city. Time seems to go by slower and life just seems more simple. One day, until then we are up for many more good adventures at the Baker Ranch!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm so glad you found my blog... I didnt know you had one. Im somewhat of a blog stalker, I realized I had no life when my sister and I were able to carry on a complete conversation about the daily happenings of a family that neither of us know personally, we both just happen to read their blog.

Thanks for the sweet comments. In the ballerina picture it looks like she is throwing up gang signs. :) Tell Jenna I miss her.