Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fireproof

I had been hearing from a lady at work talk about this movie called Fireproof all week long and how wonderful it was.......so Dave and I were planning on renting it this past weekend but we forgot. Luckily, my brother and sister in law had rented it and so we made a night of it.

I can tell you at first, it was kind of like "ugh, right....." because the acting in it wasn't super great, at first like I said. But as the movie went on you kind of forget your watching normal people act, except for Kirk Cameron that is. The premise of the movie is based around a marriage which is about to end and how they got to that point. I will say, the majority of things they say about women and men in this movie hit dead on. "Women nag all the time and show their husband little respect while men forget that women need romance along security and trust" I think if any person in a relationship period watched this movie there would be something in there you say, yeah I do that or he has said that to me, etc.

By the end of the movie, we were balling because it just showed the amount of change God can do in people's hearts if they allow it happen along with the change in reaction in one's life by giving up the selfish side of us and begin living for those we love. So easy it sounds right as I write it out but actually living it is quite another.

Bottom line, if you haven't seen the movie Fireproof go rent it and watch it with your significant other and be open minded about what the message is. You really will see love in a different light, and maybe be able to fill that person's cup.......in the loving sense that is.

No comments: