Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday already??

This past weekend was busy it seems, flew by but don't they all? Friday we got off work and decided to go eat some dinner. Dave had actually got some bad news about his blood pressure so he was a little bummed and thought a somewhat healthy meal would help, so we head off to Olive Garden (real healthy huh!) It was nice, usually on paydays we try to go out to dinner kind of like our date night, even though every night could be a date night since we don't have kids. But it's always fun for us and we enjoy it.

Saturday I spent the day cleaning and working on school work. I'm going to be so happy when I am done doing papers, I still have to finish it and I'm dreading it even as I type this blog. Ugh, draining. But Saturday night we met with the life group from church, which was nice. We couldn't make it to the last meeting so it felt good to be back. The group is covering the "The Five Love Languages" and this week's topic was quality time, which just happens to be one of my love languages. The activity we did was interesting, we each (couple) had to write five things that we believe to be quality time with our mate. Dave and I got 3 or 4 of the same ones, two of which happen to be hunting and fishing which is good. I think we are both just outdoor people (I probably became much more of that after meeting him) , so that's always good. But it's just nice to meet with other people around your age and discuss life, the struggles you face, the arguments, the challenges. Mine and Dave's are different a bit since we are the only ones who do not have kids in the group but that's okay. It's actually nice to be able to listen to what we have to look forward too................maybe.

Sunday Dave and I volunteered to work the Make-A-Wish Foundation table at the NCA Cheerleading Championship and believe it or not we had a blast. I had more fun I think because it brought back old memories of high school. Except now I see all the short skirts (I mean really short skirts) and think oh my! Their little tushes are hanging out everywhere!! We sold wrist bracelets and did pretty well throughout the day. We had some extra donations and one lady had even written a check for $500 to the shift before ours!! So I am hoping Make-A-Wish made some good money to help someone. Dave and I discussed becoming Wish Granters, it's something I have been thinking about for some time. I don't know if it's easier or harder though with us not having children. I would like to say easier but I don't know, I think it might make me incredible sad and scared to have children, I don't know though. I definitely think it would be very rewarding, lots of hard work, but Make-A-Wish is just an incredible organization.

I am working another event this Saturday for them for the Race for Wishes they are holding in Irving. Pray it's not chilly this weekend, I guess the lady who organized it knows what she is doing though, it's funny to me because she has me working in the food and beverage tent! What are the odds?

No comments: