Monday, March 23, 2009

Why are weekends always busier than the week?

Isn't it funny how when we are busy running around doing things we wish we were at home laying on the couch relaxing but when we do that we are bored wishing we were out doing something??

This weekend was so busy for me!! Lots of driving, which I hate. If I could hire a driver I would, well it's traffic I hate not driving. And since Dallas is now #4 for the worst traffic in America it appears I am in the right spot!

Friday was spent at the house doing homework getting ready for my math lab Saturday morning, Saturday we were watching Miss Breanna Lee (my niece) for CJ and Kristen because they both had to work. Brenna is just the cutest little thing! We watched Dora and had some breakfast before Uncle Dave decided to get up so I could head off to school. When I returned, Brenna had gone across to street to jump in the bounce house the neighbors had, Uncle Dave took her. So by then it was lunch time and we laid down for a little bit.

Saturday night I met Jenna at the Roadhouse in The Colony to visit with Brian (Leslie's boyfriend who is the kitchen manager out there). Jenna just moved into a new apartment so we had some sister time along with a sleep over!! It was nice, we never get to do that. Sunday morning we got up and ate some lunch and then I headed over to my friend's house for her son's first birthday! LOTS of people there!! Talan got lots of good presents!!!

Sunday some of Dave's family from New York were in town although I had left the party to try and meet them, I didn't make it. So next time! Sunday we had a cook out with Dave's friend Craig over at CJ and Kristen's, we played with the kids and ate some good food! By that night I was pooped!!!

I would like to ask those of who do my read my blog to pray for my friend. Her nephew was diagnosed with brain cancer and has had two surgeries so far to remove the tumor. I won't go to far into it but please just pray her family and Ben (her nephew). It's a very stressful time right now as she is also getting married in a few weeks so she is needing some endurance and encouragement. Thank you so much!

As she told me this, it just reminds me of hard and stressful life can be. It breaks my heart to think of any child going through that, all we can do is pray, be positive, and give our worries to God and know that he will take care of us. Over the past few weeks though I have really found the power of prayer and firmly believe God answers those prayers. Maybe not always the way we want them to be answered, but he does.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Whew, I'm tired after reading that! I will definitely be praying for Ben...how sad, it's so hard, sometimes, to understand how certain things happen, huh? Take care!