Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Vegas baby!

I found out last week that I was invited to go to Las Vegas for a leadership seminar for work at the end of this month! I am totally stoked! We will be staying at New York, New York for two days. What's really exciting for me is that we all had to be chosen. There were 12 total people from the entire Dallas campus (over 300 employees) and 5 of those people that were chosen are managers. I tell you what, when I got the email I literally thought it was mistake so I wasn't really excited at first because I didn't want to be disappointed. But it was TRUE!

It was the first time in a long time I felt good about the work I was doing. My job isn't always super exciting or anything but to be chosen by the Director team and Regional Director team out of everyone at the Dallas Campus felt good. To me, someone somewhere is noticing something about me; whether it be leadership skills or my attitude (positive of course) or my work ethic. I mean a free trip to Vegas is awesome but really, (and this is the God honest truth) I felt more happy that I was doing well otherwise I wouldn't have been asked.

When I took this job it was simply for the free school, it usually is at UOP. It was a pay cut, different hours and I definitely lost the feeling of control and importance I had with Texas Roadhouse but it paid off. There were many many times I literally had to pray for patience and endurance from the Lord because it can be trying working for less money than your used to to gain something much larger. But he answered those and gave me something so much better.

I'm not sure what the future holds for me, as far as my professional career goes but UOP has been so great to me and for me and I am definitely feeling as though God is blessing me and my family at the moment.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So proud of you! You will have so much in Vegas!