Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

So this weekend was a special one for us! I managed to get Friday off and Dave worked a half day so we left that afternoon toward Oklahoma! That's right, good ole' Oklahoma. My parents were nice enough to watch Buddy for us and the neighbors checked on C'mere over the weekend, no dogs allowed. So it was just the two of us until we met Leslie and her boyfriend Brian up at the cabin in Broken Bow, OK. Brian got a cabin for the weekend to celebrate Leslie's birthday and invited us. This (I think) is the first time the four of us actually got to do something together, different work schedules and everything make it hard for us to get to hang out. The weekend was full of sleeping, some adult beverages :), finding a lake that wasn't flooded (all the lakes almost were closed because they had gotten SO much rain, no joke), eating, relaxing in the hot tub. It was a much needed relaxing out of the norm weekend we were craving! Thanks Brian and Leslie for inviting us!!! We look forward to next time!

Here Dave and I are on the porch of the cabin:
The cabin was called "The Hickernut" hahaha! It was EXTREMELY nice! The town was cute and it was a secluded cabin in the woods.
Here Brian and Dave are celebrating they finally killed the "white bat" that wouldn't leave us alone while we were on the porch. At first we literally thought it was a white bat, that thing was HUGE! But turned out to be an abnormally large white moth, anywho they finally killed it and it was the funniest thing I have probably EVER seen. We laughed and laughed.

Dave and I after the hot tub, we played catch phrase all weekend long. It became a competition between Leslie and I, I think Brian and Dave got sick of it after awhile, we kept making them keep score. hahahah!!!

I have to say thank you to my hubby who is always so hard working and I'm reminded of this everytime we do things such as this. He literally worked hard to get the boat ready for the first lake trip of the season and everything was packed and ready to go. I'm a constant worry wart and all I can say is I don't know why I challenge Dave on things, he always knows what is going on. Getting the boat in the water almost didn't happen due to the high water but he did it!! Thank you babe for always making sure things are taken care of and making sure we have a fun time. I couldn't ask for a better husband and a more hard working man, I appreciate all you do for me!!

No comments: