Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

I am SO lucky to have married such a great man. We are just weeks away from meeting our little girl and as ready as I am, Dave is even more excited. He is going to be an extraordinary father. 



 My dad always says in every man there is a young boy that never really grows up, and that women should never make that part of them grow up. And you know what, he is right! The ability for my husband to play with kids, find fun in almost anything, and not take like so seriously is something I admire about him. My husband is a great provider, a loyal partner, and an all around great best friend. He is a fabulous son, a terrific son-in-law, and strives daily to love me even when I make it hard. I know WITHOUT a doubt, Colbi will idolize her dad because he is that wonderful.

And lucky for me, I have my own great Dad I get to brag on!


My dad has always been someone you can talk to, or not and just sit with if that helps. He is fun and witty. And the older I get, the more and more I truly enjoying spending time with him and my mom. He has been a loyal partner to my mom, a man of integrity, and someone who's opinion I really value. He loves Avery and she loves him. I can't wait to see him with Colbi. I remember how much I loved my Pappaw and I'm sure Colbi will feel the exact same way about her Pops. 

Thank you Dad for always loving us, being a good role model, and being supportive. Happy Father's Day! We love you!

Dave, Brooke, and Colbi

No comments: