Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nursery preview and Petty Shower

The nursery is not quite done yet, but I thought I would share with you a preview of the progress. I'm LOVING the way it's coming together. 
 
 Recognize the wreath? Mom made it and Dave made the frame for it. I love it.

 Found that old frame in Canton already painted pink and Mom is making letters for her name we'll hang inside.
 Mom made the valence, which I LOVE. She also made some curtains we'll hang under it, so Colbi can have some shade while she naps. (Sidenote: I should probably learn how to do all these crafty things my Mom does.........I'm feeling a little lazy as I type this. HA!)
 We just have a few more things to get before the nursery is completely done. I'll make sure to post a picture  for the finished project.

*********************************************************

We had the Petty side baby shower yesterday afternoon. It was nice! My MIL and SIL's hosted and everything was wonderful. We got to see some of Dave's friends we haven't seen in awhile and all their kiddos. Makes you feel so old when you haven't seen kids in awhile and they are big and growing up. The kids had a great time playing with each other. I wish I would have gotten a picture. C'Mere appreciated them coming too, because he got quite the work out!


 MeMaw is in town visiting and we got to spend some time with her. It's always nice when MeMaw visits, but it makes me miss my grandparents. My Pappaw would have LOVED to be here and play with these great grand babies. He would have a field day with Avery. And my Mimi would be pitching those little marsh mellows all. day. long. :(
 My friend and neighbor Heather dropped by and made us this! (I was secretly hoping she was going to make us one :) Thanks Heather for coming! I know you had a SUPER busy day yesterday! 
P.S. She is opening up an Etsy shop soon and she has some great stuff if you're interested!
And our other friend Traci made this! It has Colbi's name and the other heart is for her arrival date. The tree has the lyrics to Trace Adkins' song "Just Fishin", have you heard it? It reminds me of Dave. We were in Cotton Patch awhile back eating and I just about starting crying when it came on..........silly pregnancy hormones! 

It's been a busy couple of days. Shout out to the BEST mother in the world for coming to help me clean my house for the shower yesterday. Scrubbin' someone else's toilets, that's a mother's love cause Lord knows, I wouldn't be doing that for just anyone. The plan for the day is to go get some sun at the parents and enjoy a day of relaxation. Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

Your nursery looks beautiful!

Heather said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm so glad you liked the blanket. :) I realized after I got home that I forgot to look at the nursery, so thanks for posting pics. It's GORGEOUS! I'll have to see it in person soon!