Saturday, June 30, 2012

37 Weeks and New furniture

We have had a busy few days. We decided that we finally needed some new furniture, so we've spent the past few days really looking around. I hated to buy new furniture (I'm kind of cheap to be honest) but, it was time. I AM glad that we shopped around though to find something that we really liked and got a good deal on. 

 I'm SO excited about the entertainment center we got. I've NEVER had a nice entertainment center so it was something we knew we wanted, mainly because we needed something with doors that we could keep for a long while. Ours looks like this except we didn't get the top part, our TV is already hung on the wall. 
We got a new couch, loveseat, and recliner. Dave was very specific that he wanted his own chair. Men. HA! All recline and are really nice. Don't Dave and I look great relaxing in this picture? :) I can't wait for it all to be delivered next weekend. I would have LOVED to have it sooner but we are giving our furniture now to my sister, so we needed some time to move it all.

*************************************************************

In other news...............

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 37 weeks
Size of baby: About 20 inches long, weighs a little over 6 lbs (hopefully!)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: not even counting anymore J
Maternity Clothes: maternity dresses, jeans, and pants…a mix of regular tops and maternity
Gender: A girl! Colbi Morgan Petty
Movement: All the time! More of a rolling, punching type movement now
Sleep: Pretty much non-existent, I sleep a little each night. I sleep better in the early mornings when Dave has gotten up for work. I’m counting down the days until our new furniture comes because I’ll be sleeping on that until she makes her appearance! :)
What I miss: Feeling normal. All is included in that!
Cravings: nothing particular this week
Symptoms: swollen feet and hands, acid reflex, heartburn, back pain

Best moment this week: Being able to rest! I’ve taken so many naps this week, I feel lazy! But I’m trying to soak it up now and not worry about it.

I CAN"T believe we're this far along. I had several contractions yesterday but nothing super serious. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Rachel Moss said...

You are smart to get naps in now! People will tell you, "It doesn't matter once the baby comes. All that sleep you had goes out the window", but I don't agree with that at all. You'll have a much better L&D and first few days if you went into them well rested!