Friday, July 20, 2012

Colbi Morgan Petty is here

My sweet girl arrived at 1:06pm on 7/19/12 weighing a whooping 7lbs. 13oz. and 21 inches long. I still can't believe she's here and I'm a Mom! That's insane!!!





We did have a bit of hard delivery as she had a bowl movement before she came out and is in now in the NICU because she then inhaled it into her lungs. Colbi is a trooper and doing well though, she is on a CPack and antibiotics. Hopefully, she will able to come home within a week. Maybe say a little prayer for us? I'm so sad at the thought of not being able to take her home but it's for the best.

The birthing experience is one of the craziest, most beautiful, hardest, most rewarding, emotional things ever. I will never forget the moment she entered this world and what that felt like. I'm so thankful God blessed me with this experience and my beautiful daughter. I pray that she heals and that Gods hands are on her. I'm waiting to be able to hold her!

My husband could not have been or can not be any better. I am so blessed and grateful to have such a loving man. He has been just awesome through everything and is doing great at helping me with recovery. I was truly given a gift the day I married him and even now, he has given me the greatest gift of all.

Thank you to all who are and have been praying for us. I know Colbi is doing well because of all of you! We can't not say enough thanks for it!!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

Libby said...

She's absolutely beautiful!! I'll be praying for her to get out of there so you both can take her home to love on her:) Congratulations and welcome to Mommyhood!!

LacyCreed said...

Camdon had the same thing happen when he was born. I pray that she will be recovering quickly and she gets to go home with you!! :)

Jon and Valerie said...

Congratulations again! Praying for sweet Colbi and her mommy and daddy. She'll be good to go in no time! I hope you're able to get some rest, you have a fun adventure ahead of you!!

Joanna said...

Praying for you all! I just saw this post, but I've seen she's off the machine, so glad everything's getting better. Congrats!

Hall Around Texas said...

Sorry I missed this - we were on vacation. Congratulations on your sweet baby girl! She is beautiful. I am praying for her.